Differences in the afe stage II - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Differences in the afe stage II

Well I recently bought a new truck a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it, I haven't been too concerned with HP stuff cause it came with a bunch of items done already. I have mostly been worried about winterizing it as it needs tires and a few other things along with other glitches.

Anyways, I almost done with that other stuff and i've been looking at a new air intake because the plain k&n filter is boring, worrying me and not impressive to me. I wanna buy a AFE stage II cold air because they seem to be the best NON-DIY and I don't really wanna do a DIY. But I am looking at the AFE stage II and there are like 3 different and I can't tell the damn difference because of price and what comes with it. On Raul's site there are 3 ones that look they same but with different prices. So could someone please explain the differences?

AFE stage 2
AFE stage 2 w/pro-guard 7
AFE Pro Dry S Stage 2 Type XP Intake System

BTW my truck is a 2000 F-350 XLT Ext. Cab SB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 01:32 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like my Stage II, get the Progaurd 7 if your in a dusty enviroment.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:02 AM

love my stage II as well...the air box is the same for all 3 you posted..it just depends on what filter you want..i ran the pro 7 for quite a while because the salt dust up here during the winters are unreal....i ran a pro dry last summer because there easer to clean but i think ill go back to my pro7 and stick with it...
Old 11-12-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron's power stroke View Post
love my stage II as well...the air box is the same for all 3 you posted..it just depends on what filter you want..i ran the pro 7 for quite a while because the salt dust up here during the winters are unreal....i ran a pro dry last summer because there easer to clean but i think ill go back to my pro7 and stick with it...
So basically it just depends on filter based on your situation? They all have the same HP and TQ ratings though?

Where do you live?
Old 11-12-2010, 03:39 AM

yes the boxes are all the same..its matter of filter choice....for some reason i thought the pro dry flowed more air then the other 2.. but the way i read that is the stage 2 flows 70% more air over stock..the pro guard 7 has the same benefits as the stage 2 but filters better..both are oiled filters..the pro dry flows 50% more air but is oil less for easy cleaning..

i live in the white mountians of NH..little town called Whitefield..I'm on the north side of Mt washington..
Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
AFE is great I have tried every other air filter out there and the AFE gave the best benefits even on a bone stock truck.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron's power stroke View Post
yes the boxes are all the same..its matter of filter choice....for some reason i thought the pro dry flowed more air then the other 2.. but the way i read that is the stage 2 flows 70% more air over stock..the pro guard 7 has the same benefits as the stage 2 but filters better..both are oiled filters..the pro dry flows 50% more air but is oil less for easy cleaning..

i live in the white mountians of NH..little town called Whitefield..I'm on the north side of Mt washington..
Wow thanks, I appreciate all the help. That pretty much cleared it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
AFE is great I have tried every other air filter out there and the AFE gave the best benefits even on a bone stock truck.
I hear there name 9/10 times if its a brand, otherwise you got people saying DIY.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i like the pro gaurd 7... but the pro dry is really good as well

before you buy send me a PM... i got some special deals going on intakes right now

-Raul
Old 11-12-2010, 12:51 PM

you cant go wrong with buying from Stealth thats for sure..dont forget the cleaning kit if you go with an oiled filter....

i had the DIY filter for about 2 weeks..did not like the drone from it..drove me crazy...the Stage 2 air box has nothing but a good whistle while cruising....

Last edited by Ron's power stroke; 11-12-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:41 PM

it is worth the money to upgrade from a DIY? I aint buildin a monster hp thing but DIY was cheap so I did it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.