TS Chip owners!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TS Chip owners!!!!!

So I just installed my TS chip with the stock, 75hp, 100hp, 140hp, high rev and the anti-theft. Now I took it for a drive starting on the stock tune. As I was climbing a hill, I switched to the 75hp and man you can feel it kick in. Not much difference though from the 75 to 100 but when I switch it to the 140hp, it feels as though it falls on it's face, like it's de-fueling as though I am going back to the stock tune. But, if I floor it, it feels as it gets better. Do any of you feel the same on yours or does it just keep climbing as you switch each time to a higher tune?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 05:27 AM

Nobody else has/had this issue as well???
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just put in a TW and the only tune ive got that comes close to falling on its face is the DD and thats only for a couple of seconds going into OD (6sp). you may just be loosing RPMs and falling out of the "powerband" when you have to back out of it to change the settings,especially climbing a hill. i know if I dont keep mine wrapped pretty tight in Extreme when running through the gears it lugs down like a 2stroke...... Thats the best i can offer.
Jim
Old 11-04-2010, 06:07 AM

Does the cel come on?

It could be a couple things you aernt getting enough fuel or the computer is limiting your boost
Old 11-04-2010, 06:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to southern7.3
Mine feels like this to. On the big tune it just dies and you even have to push harder on the accelerator to keep it at the same speed. Gonna get TW tunes in a month or so and be done with it
Old 11-04-2010, 07:03 AM

most likely from the fuel curve, the higher the hp setting the more fuel is put into the motor, out trucks like about the 100 ish hp setting cause much more than that and the fuel system cant keep up. so the computer/chip is asking for more fuel and the HPOP just cant keep up so thats the short version of what happens.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:34 PM

So why do they sell this version stating it is fine for nearly stock trucks with minor mods. In my opinion, your not getting what is advertised and paid for!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to 73Strokin99
the lower settings 50-75hp are for the stock to lightly modified trucks, not the 140 setting. i just installed mine this afternoon and havent tried going over the 75 setting due to having a pretty much stock truck
Old 11-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
bigger oil,biigggeeerrr fuel!!! ohh and sticks
Old 11-04-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Strokin99 View Post
the lower settings 50-75hp are for the stock to lightly modified trucks, not the 140 setting. i just installed mine this afternoon and havent tried going over the 75 setting due to having a pretty much stock truck
If what your stating is correct, then they need to state this in their advertising of their product!! By the way, where did you get this info from? All I could find in their ad anywhere close to what you are saying is that the 50 to 75hp levels are for towing applications. I have never seen a thing close to what your stating in their ads other wise! Not once did I think my truck wouldn't be okay running the 140hp tune nor did I ever think it wouldn't be able to from the ads I have read on the TS chips. The part highlighted in red is really misleading!!! Not once does it say will get 140hp gain with after market fuel system/bigger injectors. Not ranting at you, just the fact this info was never devuldged to me prior to my purchase! So I am thinking I will return this within the 30 day alotted satisfaction time frame.

Straight from their ad!

TS PERFORMANCE 6 Position Chip 94.5-03 FORD POWERSTROKE 7.3L
Brand New TS Performance 6 position Chip. This will improve mpg and horsepower at the same time. If not satisified within 30 days you can send your product back for a refund. Comes with a full 1 year warranty on the Chip and Switch.

With the payment I will need your: Truck Year, Manufacture Date (Located on driver side door jam), Manual/Auto and six programs you selected (stock, 50, 75, 100, 140, High Idle, Valet, Anti-theft)

Valet mode not available on 97 models

Shift On The Fly!!

STOCK - Reverts your truck back to the stock program
HIGH IDLE - Great for cold weather starts
VALET - maximum speed of 70mph
ANTI-THEFT - Truck will not start in this position
50HP - TS program
75HP - TS Program
100HP - TS Program
140+ EXTREME - TS program

THESE CHIPS ARE OFFICIAL TS CHIPS, THEY ARE NOT RE BURNT THEY ARE NEW, THEY ARE NOT REMANUFACTURED OR REPAIRED. THEY ARE NEW IN THE BOX WITH THE TS 1 YEAR WARRANTY.

Chip FAQ's

Does TS Performance offer a variety of chips? Yes we have chips available for both towing and racing. For towing we recommend either the ts 50hp or 75hp chip. We have the TS 100hp or the 140hp+ extreme for those that want lots of horsepower.

Will I notice a difference in power? Yes, the power you feel will be immediate.

Does the TS Performance chip make changes to an automatic transmission? Not only does the addition of the chip increase power and torque but it also firms up the shift points. Firmer shifting that will allow your truck to slip into gear not slam into gear.

Are the TS Performance chips difficult to install? The four bank chip is easy and simple to install. It simply slides into your computer for a secure fit. No taping required. Our step by step instructions are sent out with your chip purchase.

What are the advantages of installing a TS 4 bank chip over other brands?
A) The TS 4-bank chip does not leave the 605 computer code in your PCM that can be detected. B) If your computer is reflashed by the dealer no need to worry. This chip operates off all four pages of the computer. Simply plug your chip back in and your power is there.

Can I expect better fuel mileage with the TS Performance chip? With all the TS Performance horsepower chips in almost all cases a 2-4 mpg increase has been reported. This of course will depend on the user's driving habits.

What type of performance gains will i receive with the TS Performance chip?
A) TS Performance 50 hp - 50 to your rear wheels
B) TS Performance 75 hp - 75 to your rear wheels
C) TS Performance 100hp - 100hp to your rear wheels
D) TS Performance 140hp+ extreme - over 140hp to your rear wheels

Last edited by Gold 7.3; 11-04-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.