Help me decide on tires! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help me decide on tires!

What I'm looking for is onroad performance, offroad performance, longevity, and NOT losing mileage. With emphasis on mileage. I'll be getting 33's in whatever tire I decide to go with.

Nitto terra grapplers- heard nothing but good thigns about them. Great offroad and onroad; dunno about mileage

Goodyear duratracs- Had them on my HUMMER (as do lots of people). Awesome onroad, awesome in snow, awesome offroad, and they dont hit mileage at ALL

Hankook dynapro atms- My buddy has them; excellent wear, excellent onroad, pretty decent offroad, and mileage doesnt seem to be phased too much

Dick Cepek- Cant rmember the model.. but I've also heard good things about them (any more input on this one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'd suggest the Nitto Dura tracs, but I have found out lately that they blow in mud! Other than that, they are badazz tires for these heavy trucks, and will last you the longest IMHO when compared to an all terrain tire
Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

BFG all terrains are a pretty good all around tire atleast with my experience with them.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:01 AM

I would go with the Toyo M/Ts the moment you have an AT you wish you had an M/T
Old 11-02-2010, 09:24 AM

I have toyo M/T and they are the worst off road tire I have had on the road they handle good mud they are ok Snow they suck big time just my experience I'm goin back to BFG M/T s when these wear out I have had to put my truck in 4wheel drive way more with these mostly in real easy situations they just don't clean out that well.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:28 PM

For mileage look into michelin also, they have a long history of being some of the most fuel efficient tires you can buy. also the Hankooks are really loud on the highway, it was annoying for me. The Nitto TerraGrapplers are an excellent choice. Great in snow, dirt, gravel mud, and they're still nice on the road with very little howl. Also, BFG all terrains have great life, my dad got 65,000 on his last set (on a 03 6.NO) great road qualities, quiet, and good mileage. Great in snow and dirt, not sure on mud.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 PM

i have had toyo a/t's on 2 trucks, love them on the road, no so much off road..also had some bfg a/ts..loved them for on and offroad. km2s r my next tires!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:05 PM

I have had 2 sets of bfg a/ts and i really like them. I had a set of km2s and they were really good and would have lasted about 40k+ if I would have kept them. I sold them and went to a smaller size. I have a set of mud grapplers on the way. If you are in mud I recommend km2s or mud grapplers.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 PM

I had Toyo A/T's, great on the road, useless off road. Currently running Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2, same mpg as Toyos, but waaay better off road. Also better at not following grooved pavement and very quiet on the highway. My .02
Old 11-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned

the BFG's are pretty sweet tires, just not too sweet for mud. They come stock on HUMMER's, and while they last 60-70k miles, they aren't the greatest in mud (everythign else though they are). Duratracs are AWESOME in the mud on HUMMER's anyhow; these big trucks may be a different story. But they are also another long-lasting tire. The nitto's are sounding enticing; how is mileage with them though?

Ive heard lots of the km2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.