Stroking 7.3 Fuel Mod - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Power Stroker

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to stroking 7.3
Stroking 7.3 Fuel Mod

Getting ready to do a fuel mod on my truck. It is based on guzzle's fuel mod, and will include the In Tank Screen Delete Mod, Harpoon Mod and Lift Pump Mod. Parts I have so far are a Summit 95 gph 7psi fuel pump, Sinister Diesel in tank mod kit, Bauldwin BF1259 Filter/Separator and Filter Housing. My thoughts on this are to mount the Bauldwin between the Tank and the Lifter Pump. The Bauldwin is supposed to be the the equivalent of a 20-30 micron filter with very little restriction, and I need something before the lifter pump to protect it. I am currently deciding on what 2 micron filter to use between my lift pump and primary pump, but I am putting a 2 micron filter there. I have a piece of aluminum diamond plate to make any mounting brackets that I may need. Thank you Guzzle (Bob) for your input and advise.

Cost so far:
Summit pump $75
Sinister Tank Mod Kit w/o filter $75
Bauldwin Filter Housing $0
Bauldwin BF1259 Filter $0
Diamond Plant $0
Expected cost of 2 micron filter $50

Yes there is a Santa Claus, Bauldwin filter and housing were on my desk when I walked in this morning. Dug the diamond plate out of a scrap pile a couple months ago. Good to have the right friends.
I will be taking pictures has I do my mods. Maybe when I post them it will catch something on camera that some one else did not include in their write up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 03:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
I would like to check it out in person one day if you don't mind, I'm looking to do some sort of fuel system on mine and would love to see what you are doing since your local to me..
Old 10-04-2010, 03:31 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
Superdutys dont need a lift pump. They have a frame mounted electric pump and thats all the lifting they need.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Power Stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
Superdutys dont need a lift pump. They have a frame mounted electric pump and thats all the lifting they need.
If Superduty mods were based on needs we would all have stock trucks. Some mods tweek, some make big improvements, some don't change a thing.
Don't know till you try. It's more about doing it and finding out what if any improvements you came up with. Enjoy trying.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:38 PM

http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/Par...tnumber=BF1212
http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/Par...tnumber=BF7633
Those are the pre and post filters I'm going to use.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Power Stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
I have been a little quiet but excited. Found a Dahl 200 on Ebay, it looks to be in prime condition almost new looking. Been watching for a week, got it for $31 plush shipping Thinking of using it has my first filter with a 20 micron element and a Baldwin 5 micron that fits my 1311 base for the filter between pumps. Still thinking out that while I am waiting on it to arive.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Power Stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown89 View Post
I would like to check it out in person one day if you don't mind, I'm looking to do some sort of fuel system on mine and would love to see what you are doing since your local to me..
No problem. Still getting parts to gether and then need to make brakets. Will PM you when I have everything or you can come by after I get it all installed, your choice.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:12 PM

I'll put up pics of my planned one sometime.
I've got the ITP (Sinister) 5/8th tank pick up. Gonna do that, 5/8th line to the pre filter, split off into TWO stock fuel pumps, then merge back into the post filter, then on to a RR down the road.
My filter brackets are just flat metal, holes drilled for the filter mount. Two holes to mount to the inside of the frame, on opposite corners of the bracket. I found I had to use a spacer to keep the brackets from bending when I tightened them down so I just measured and used some metal pipe. Push lock hose for good, quick connections.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Power Stroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
I'll put up pics of my planned one sometime.
I've got the ITP (Sinister) 5/8th tank pick up. Gonna do that, 5/8th line to the pre filter, split off into TWO stock fuel pumps, then merge back into the post filter, then on to a RR down the road.
My filter brackets are just flat metal, holes drilled for the filter mount. Two holes to mount to the inside of the frame, on opposite corners of the bracket. I found I had to use a spacer to keep the brackets from bending when I tightened them down so I just measured and used some metal pipe. Push lock hose for good, quick connections.
A little more than I am going for at this time, but would love to see pics when you are done. Sounds like something I might do when I can afford to upgrade injectors.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Yea it's a lot. But if you do it now, won't have to later. I'm in the mind set of, do it big, do it now, not a little at a time over a long period of time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.