New 2010 Parker Bypass Filter System - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 2010 Parker Bypass Filter System

After some research. I discovered that Parker (Rancor)OEM's there bypass Filters to OilGuard ECO MicroFilters Bypass Oil Filtration Systems for Buses, Trucks, Cars, Diesel and more...

However: Oil Guard aka Eco MicroFilters does make there own canister

Anyways--Here is a new bypass system under consideration.
That just came out this year from Parker.

News:

Racor's New Bypass Oil Filtration System - Truckinginfo.com

Product Link

Parker - ABSOLUTE BYPASS OIL FILTER KITS

After comparing apples to apples. This unit from Parker/Rancor filters down to 3 Micron and removes moisture. The same performance is to be with the FS2500. http://www.fs2500.com/
But I think the Parker/Rancor Design seems better to me because. It pushes the oil through 3 stages of media filtration. Trapping the larger particles on the top layer and filtering down to 3 micron at the last inner layer. The FS2500 doesnt use this method. But uses a differant filter media which is fine, but its NOT layered or staged like the Parker. So that tells me i think the oil will flow better and wont get clogged as fast with the Parker/Rancor Design. The housing is billet machined anodized component appears to be very well built.

FS2500 info:

What does a bypass filter do?

Instead of filtering all of the oil used by your engine each time it passes through, a bypass filter diverts roughly 10% of an engine’s normal flow for finer filtration. The FS-2500 removes 99.63% of particles larger than 3.0 microns from the oil. The FS-2500 also removes water from condensation which causes acid buildup - it will hold almost a pint of water! Anyone who has ever disassembled a diesel engine knows what a dirty job it can be. By removing water and carbon particles, the FS-2500 will prevent the formation of this harmful sludge. Additionally, the life of the oil’s additive package (measured as TBN) will be significantly extended.

Here is the Tech Sheet on Rancor ( See Page 7 Especially)

http://www.launchrun.com/RacorCustom..._Cleaners).pdf

If word gets out on this. Im sure this oil bypass solution will begin to eat away at the sales from FS2500 and Oilguard etc
This is why i like competition. We the consumer benefit greatly from having choices.

Last edited by BraveHeartCalif; 09-11-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2010, 03:47 AM

Any idea on price? Can you buy on line?
Old 09-12-2010, 02:41 AM

Ill be shopping around...i might be able to get a really good price. Perhaps we can do a group order if anyone is interested....
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 AM

Just let me know.

I see that Racor has a store in Beaufort, SC. I will be calling monday morning. I will post more information on Monday evening.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:23 AM

Just called Racor. List price for the kit is $495. List price for the 3 micron filter is $42. I am in the process of talking with a local dist. to find out the sell price.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 AM

Just recieved pricing for the kit, $255 and $28 for the 3 micron filter from local dist. Will post pictures when kit is delivered.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:19 AM

To think you can own a slightly better bypass then the fs2500. Is way cool...The Powerstroke community should go out and support this product by purchasing this system. This sends a clear message to the other MFG's that we have a better alternative with a better design with better pricing.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:58 AM

Sounds cool, I'd love to see pics of the kit and pics of the install when you get it SCstroker.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The 3 stage media is market hype. The primary oil filter filters down to 10 microns so really most of the contaminants going to the bypass are less than 10 microns. you don't need 3 stages to go from 10 to 3 microns. Id rather have a full media that will filter to 3 microns. Competition is good but lets not get wrapped in the marketing hype.

Woops. I just went to the site and looked at this. It doesn't use a 3 stage filter it comes standard with a 5 micron media filter element but there are optional elements available in 3 micron or 10 micron ratings. I don't see how this is significantly different than the Frantz toilet paper filter that's been around since the 1950's. I used one in the early 70's on my F100 and ran it to 173k miles. When I sold it it still ran like a top and didn't use a drop of oil.

http://www.frantzoil.com/home.html

I have one sitting in my garage that I picked up on eBay for $100. I plan to use it on my open track Cobra. No way is this Parker/Racor equivalent to the FS2500.

Last edited by PGreenSVT; 09-15-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 PM

If you did your due diligence w. an engineering degree and a study to prove your claim. You might have an audience to look at your data. But your diversionary comment in saying this product is marketing hype. Is really a comment coming from left field trying to pit something down when he doesnt have the facts. And has a hard time excepting something new and/or a better innovation. My grandfather who has since passed, owned a company that is still is one of the largest Diesel, Cat, Detroit Allison Shops w/ a DYNO on the west coast. You woud have never seen a professional rig or a fleet of rigs ever running something thats used to wipe your ***. The 3 stage marketing media is not hype. Because in my field we use all sorts of filters and rather large ones at that. We are not filtering motor oil but other liquids. But the fluid dynamics are very close. We use 8 stage filters to even 1 stage filters in many of our apps. The 1 stage filters always are always replaced much sooner. The study that was done by Parker on there system looks very impressive. As a matter of fact any competitor can challenge it facts for errors, and to date none of competitors (FS2500,Amsoil,OilGuard,etc) have rebutted Parkers Filter Study. When ill get Parker.Racor Oil Bypass, Ill be sure to send a sample of my oil in for analysis; to verify the performance. But this one thing you can be sure of. Ill place my bet that Parker.Racor; who has a very fine R&D Dpt has a budget that would dorf the that of the makers of FS2500. Dont get me wrong the FS2500 is the one top oil bypass systems you can buy. The only reason I didnt by one last year is because the price. Im sure there large 5 color advertisments in all the diesel mags, has a factor in its price rather than actual raw material costs. The data shows now that Parker/Racpr now has produced a superior product to the FS2500. And for a lot less -$$$
They both filter down to 3 microns. The single stage FS2500 has less surface area, which means it will clog faster; thats a fact. The question is which one will continue to filter at 3 microns at a higher flow rate for a longer peroid of time. I think thats already been answered. (3 stage)

Each to his/her own. Look at the data and become an informed buyer. Both filters are excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
The 3 stage media is market hype. The primary oil filter filters down to 10 microns so really most of the contaminants going to the bypass are less than 10 microns. you don't need 3 stages to go from 10 to 3 microns. Id rather have a full media that will filter to 3 microns. Competition is good but lets not get wrapped in the marketing hype.

Woops. I just went to the site and looked at this. It doesn't use a 3 stage filter it comes standard with a 5 micron media filter element but there are optional elements available in 3 micron or 10 micron ratings. I don't see how this is significantly different than the Frantz toilet paper filter that's been around since the 1950's. I used one in the early 70's on my F100 and ran it to 173k miles. When I sold it it still ran like a top and didn't use a drop of oil.

Frantz Oil Filters

I have one sitting in my garage that I picked up on eBay for $100. I plan to use it on my open track Cobra. No way is this Parker/Racor equivalent to the FS2500.

Last edited by BraveHeartCalif; 09-16-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.