Banks TransCommand - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks TransCommand

Hey guys, posted up in the tranny problems forum but no responses. After I installed my TW tunes my transmission slips all the way thru first gear then chirps into second when I stomp on it from a stop on the Extreme setting. I'm thinking my torque converter is slipping and after doing some reading, I am thinking that maybe the Banks TransCommand will help me get rid of some of the excessive slippage I'm experiencing. Does anyone have any input on this product or maybe an alternative solution to my issue?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The banks will not solve that problem,the tunes from TW is all you need.They can add more line pressure if you wanted to firm up the shifts.How do you know it's slipping? it could be turbo surge from the extra fuel from the chip which is common.Also if it is the trans you should go have it checked.The banks trans command will cost around 400. bucks when you can just call Tony to add more line pressure for FREE. BTW my trans is still holding strong even with my injectors.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thank you for the reply. I'm not positive the trans is slipping I'm just assuming based on others' past experiences with the slippy trans. My truck only has 75K on it and it's never been chipped or 5th wheeled, so chances are it isn't the transmission causing the problem.
What is turbo surge and how would I be able to tell if this is the issue? What could I do to remedy turbo surge?

Thanks again.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My opinion,.... Even if you have a stock tranny, you should definitely save for a VB and/or TC. The trannies in these trucks are usually the first to go when adding power. Stock 4r100's are worthless with power levels above stock.

On another note... Adding line pressure through tunes is fine, but if you want it done right, upgrade trans. It will be better on the transmission parts if the upgraded parts are doing the work instead of the tuning.

As for your turbo,... Surge is NOT good. You can reduce surge once you get used to the shift points by backing off the throttle just before it shifts.

A turbo will lose boost when shifting,... Or for that matter create vaccum. Instead of the turbo pushing air in, air will go out. And when it's bad (stock turbo) the compressor wheel will hit the housing creating a chirping or barking noise from the turbo. Usually followed by a swooshing noise from the intake area.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I don't really have the extra $$ right now to build the tranny up but eventually i'll get there But as far as the turbo surge goes... If that's what's causing the loss of power in first gear on the extreme setting then is there anything I can do to remedy that? Do I need an upgraded turbo to take full advantage of Tony's Extreme tune?

Thx.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Additional line pressure won't help.
Did you get a boost fooler?
Try a WW to help with surge.
Depending on your miles-year your HPOP could be weak..Stealth will fix that.

Better VB and a 6.0 Tq converter when your able.

Guages? what level boost are you hitting?

Cary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.