Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injector Brands?

4K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  molokai 
#1 ·
I don't know anything about injectors and am just wondering what brands (if there are brands) are good and which ones are not. Every time i try and google about injectors I feel like I'm not getting all the info. Any general recomendations? Anything to stay away from? What are Stage 1's and compared to stage 2's and so on? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

#3 ·
Ok I'll explore them as well. I've already emailed swamps diesel, just awaiting a response. Thanks

#7 ·
Yea, I knew I had PMR's but i figure when I have to overhaul I can just replace with forged. I tend to think long term sometimes. I'd rather go with stage 2's and lighter tuning, that way when forged rods go in all i have to do is change the tuning.

#8 ·
Btw I got my estimate back from Swamps lightning fast. Seems like a good deal. He's only like 600 miles away from me though. I'll look into some of the other suggestions as well. I'm in no hurry

#9 ·
well if swamps is only 600 miles away the cass is only about 605 miles aways. cass builds the injectors for beans which is another shop right in the nashville area. both are awsome well all three but full force only build injector and if you want to go stage II's just go hybrid. its easier to put a small er nozzle on hybrid and tune them down. just my opinion

#10 ·
Yea, hybrid stage 2's is what Swamps quoted me. Stage 2's and a 38r will support up to like 520 HP won't they?

#11 ·
Full Force

#13 ·
Im going to get stage I single shot 160/30
Owner of full force has this inj. in his vehicle. He really likes it....
I dont want to go beyond 380hp since i have PMR's.

#17 ·
Word to that I started off with the same thinking. A week later with detuned hybrids I sent 4 PMR's packing.

#16 ·
I was told 425 HP was the limit. But as I said, I would rather go ahead and get the bigger injector and just tune them down. My truck has 250k miles and I plan on keepin it forever so at some point I'll have to do an overhaul. At that time I would just have forged rods put in, then I could maximize the performance of the injectors.

#18 ·
Thanks for posting this, it happens a lot but majority won't post because no one likes to admit they were led in the wrong direction.

Big inj's and PMR's..its all about profit margins.
..it isn't the "tunes" its the fuel and the limit of PMR thats the problem. IMO if someone wants to sell you more than stage 1's..ask for a warrenty. I'm sure that I going to piss off lots of people but to bad, IMO customers come first, thats why I say what I do and not join the others pushing big profit Inj's unless its for motors with Forged rods and customers are informed of the risks playing with the big boys.

Cary

#19 ·
Wow yea thanks for the post. That sheds new light on the subject

#20 ·
just go to hybrids one time and be done with it.If your planning to build your motor in the near future you have big injectors.Just have your tuner detune them for what you want and when your done with your build just turn them up.Dont know what I'm at right now but someone with the same setup as me plus an adrenaline put down 486 hp @ RRE last month.Dont think I'm even close to that maybe 400.Going to hit the dyno hopefully next month.

#21 ·
molokai...do you have stage 1 or 2's?

#23 ·
Lol I'm confused :dunno: I'm ignorant to most of these terms. 200/80 & 160/100 don't mean anything to me. Let me try, so 200/80= Hybrids and 160/100=Stage 2's?? Is this right? BTW, I didn't even read his sig, guess it slipped my mind.

#24 ·
the first number is the cc it flows 200cc of fuel. the second number is the nozzle. 100 means the nozzle flows fuel 100% faster than a stock nozzle. a stage one is generally a 160cc with a stock nozzle. stage two is generally 160cc with a 100% over nozzle. hybrid is generally an injector that flows 200+ cc pf fuel but has a small nozzle like a 238/80. the small nozzles require less oil and can be tuned to be tame on the street

#25 ·
Talked to Bill yesterday from PHP. Hes got the 160/30 from Full Force in his 7.3
From the conversation we had im totally sold on these injectors for my needs.

#30 ·
Stage 1's..160 cc stock nozzles, stage 2's 160cc with 80 or 100% over nozzles. Hybrids 200cc up with nozzles 80% or larger..except for the strange combos that seem to be popping up..which most can't even get the cc's out in the recomended pulse width or flow what stage 1's or 2's flow at a much higher price.

Cary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.