edge insight trouble NEED HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
edge insight trouble NEED HELP

i just got the edge insight cts today. ive been having trouble with it. first this is on a 2000 f-350 psd, should it have more than the four gauges that are on the screen. secondly some time it will black out or the truck will shut off, also will the chip have any thing to do with this, i took it off and it did the same thing... it is a php fu chip. i need help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 07:57 PM

I'm in the same boat...but Ive done some research and here's the answer.

Your VIN number is wiped, so the Insight cant read it. MANY have experienced this problem and there is a firmware update which will allow us (got mine today too, same problem) to input our VIN manually....stupid EDGE doesn't have it available for download but theyve been emailing it directly to people.

Once we have the new firmware, we can input our VIN manually and unlock the magic of the Insight.

Does anyone have the new firmware????? If so can you email to us? Let us know! Thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:03 PM

OH THANK GOD!!!! someone knows about this also i would like to know more of what he is talking about. so they will email you somthing and it will work good of what?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:06 PM

Yes, once you update your Edge CS you will be able to input the VIN manually and that will solve your problems...Just hang tight. If nobody here has the new firmware, just call Edge tomorrow like I will and they'll email it to you.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Did the updated firmware resolve your problems. I recently had a TS 6possition chip and the edge insight cts installed. Same issues were happening, my service tech spent 6hrs on the phone with edge, and he came up with a similar solution, but it didn't sound like the updates were available yet. Do you have any information on approaching edge to get this issue resolved.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 PM

Marine, how long ago was that? I got my firmware last week after 3 minutes on the phone with Edge. Call them tomorrow and hve your PC and Insight ready to plug in. They'll ask you to read the serial number from your unit, then they'll have you run your software, your unit will take about 20 minutes to download and update.

Then you can plug the unit into your truck, and it will allow you to manually enter your VIN number. After that, the Insight knows what kind of truck you have based on the VIN, and it's able to communicate with your truck. It will also unlock all of the PID's
Old 08-31-2010, 03:14 AM

yes it will, i dont think it is completly out yet thought they gave me a beta system, it works great
Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've been at sea working, but I found out they were having issues early last week. I'm on my way to pick her up today, and I'm a little reluctant to take her fromt he shop without the updated software, however it sounds like its an easy fix. It just seems odd to me that my tech spent hours with edge and didn't come up with the same solution. Anyways it does sound like edge has a solution, its just a matter of getting the betta version or waiting for the end result. From what they tell me the excursion is running great, i previously had a AFE stage 2 intake and a Hypertech Max energy tuner installed. When I get her back, the hypertech was removed, replaced with TS 6possition chip, Edge insight CTS, Garrett ballbearing turbo upgrade, MBRP 4" stainless exhaust. Stoked to see how she is running. Probably call in this AM to see if I should install the Beta version on wait for the final fix. Thanks guys!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 PM

You'll be happy with the Beta release. The only issue was the the CS and CTS software automatically reads the VIN from your computer. Since these products work with so many different vehicles, that was the most effective way for the Edge to know how to communicate with each vehicle.

Unfortunately, many of us have had our VIN wiped off the computer at some point. Because of that, the Edge doesn't know what kind of vehicle you have, so it has no way to communicate.

The BETA update (an EXTREMEMLY EASY FIX) will allow you to enter the VIN manually. After that, you're all set! I love this thing, it's great!!!

I was browsing different forums, and yes it's cool they have this figured out. A lot of guys were upset, and it took several weeks in July and easrly august for people to figure out what the problem was. We are lucky enough to buy this after the problem was already worked out!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So I just spoke with edge...I have to double check the help menue to see if the insight cts is reading my vin but it sounds like the same issue, however they did not seem willing to hook me up with the BETA update. They said it should be out in the next few weeks. Guess I should just keep my pants on and wait for the release of the update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.