LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-18-2010, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Govy Magnet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MBRP 5" removal??? Help!

Howdy fellas! Well I got some goodies for the truck finally (my allowance was raised and I told the wife they will help save gas, and have more money for kids stuff at the end haha). I got a turbo re-build kit, Wicked Wheel, and Mr. Bobs intercooler pipe replacements. The whole reason behind all the parts was to pull the turbo, as the two oil supply o-rings to the turbo are blown and I leak oil from the pedestal and down the tranny...thought it was a blown rear main from the look of it. Anyways to the point! I started pulling the turbo by Haynes 7.3 manual, and got to where I needed to remove the down-pipe so to disconnect the up-pipe on the passenger side bank. This were the final two bolts holding the turbo to the truck, but i could not disconnect the downpipe from the rest of the exhaust! Not any way possible I was tearing out what little hair I have for three hours just trying to find different ways to do so. Does anyone have any tips or anything? I just need the down-pipe seperate from the rest of my exhaust in order to take the downpipe off...my next step or idea is to cut out a 4" section from the downpipe and insert a 6" replacement pipe...does that sound viable? There has to be an easier way, I removed all the clamps tried sliding them around but most wont budge more than 1/4 of an inch. This is my last step to removing the turbo! So pleased any ideas? Thanks!

"Initial Success or Total Failure"

2002 F250 SC SB 4x4 7.3ltr
~leveling kit~35/12.5~B&W~MBRP 5"~4 Pod Gauge Pillar ~TW 6 POS~Mag-Hytec~LineX]~KC Long Range (Front)~KC Wide Beam (Rear)~Cobra CB~WW~CFM+~EBPV Delete ~6kHID's~OUO Blocks~3/4" Ubolts~OUO Adjust ladder bars~Full RR system w/ Fuel Bowl Delete~ CCV~BTS TRANNY ~ 6.0 Tranny Cooler ~ BHOF/Coolant Filter/ Fltr Mags

2012 Harley Davidson FXDB
2010 Jetta TDI traded for...
2012 Chrysler Town & Country
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 08-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mxracer511 Send a message via Yahoo to mxracer511
possibly heat it up a bit and twist and or beat it into submission lol if that hasnt been tried already

Early 99 F-250 7.3, 4" mbrp straight exhaust to 5" y pipe into 6" stacks, 345/75-16 bfg km2s, ev boost, trans temp and egt gauges, diy amsoil intake, tw chip tuned by tony wildman, frx, hpx, boost fooler, john woods valve body, triple disc billet tq conv, swamps idm, modded 17* hpop,PIS 250/200's detuned for now.
08 mirrors, smoked led recon cab lights and mirror lights,07 harley front end with 6k hids, 08 tailgate, 2012 rear bumper, 2011 running boards, fox steering stabilizer, 4" icon lift
post #3 of 3 Old 08-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Heat and a hammer

Excursion 02 4x4 Silverline exaust superchip tuner

Excursion 2000 4x4 300K miles 238/100 P.I.S. Injectors 38RW/ billet wheel dyno proven tunes

99 F350 7.3 4x4 body build date 02/98 motor build date 12/97 19.5 ricksons (Sold)
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode