Aftermarket HPOP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket HPOP

Hello,

I've currently got an intake, 4" exhaust, and Wildman tunes. The truck still lacks as much power as I would like on the top end. From those who have experienced it, does an aftermarket HPOP like Adrenaline make a noticeable power difference in the higher RPMs with stock injectors? If so then this will be my next mod..

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Nobody has felt the difference an aftermarket HPOP makes in high RPM power?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

you should gets some numbers from your pump with a good scanner like an AE and find out your pressures.How many miles on your pump? I had mine modded from Joey@ Terminator for 100.bucks might want to check him out and i also heard good thinks about the Adrenaline pump too.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If your pump will provide the pressure that Tony is asking for ..save your money for inj's.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Truck has about 78K on the clock. Check engine light comes on at high RPMs in 2nd gear on the Extreme setting. I've done the zener diode boost fooler so I'm not over boosting. I'm assuming it's the HPOP maxing out but I guess I should get a scanner to see for sure.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:32 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
There is no defuel on the Super Duty trucks regardless of boost amount. There is an overboost code that reduces the cycle time of the IPR. The result is a slower gain in acceleration, not a reduction of fuel. The way to see if you are setting this would be to scan for the code. This is off the top of my head and it may be wrong, but I think it is a P0236 that is the code. You can set them on 94-97's, but it is a higher differential than the 99-03's. I run a MAP Pressure Relief Valve on my 95.

However, I've seen various configurations of MAP sensor alterations and I would warn that most are ill conceived. The majority of the pressure relief set ups I've seen blow off actual boost and do not isolate excess boost to the MAP side only, leaving the manifold pressure able to rise. The electric modifications don't allow MDFR (Mass Desired Fuel Rate) on the low end early enough since they mitigate the overall boost by a percentage.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by molokai View Post
you should gets some numbers from your pump with a good scanner like an AE and find out your pressures.How many miles on your pump? I had mine modded from Joey@ Terminator for 100.bucks might want to check him out and i also heard good thinks about the Adrenaline pump too.
How much extra pressure are you getting out of that 100 buck pump modding from Terminator? I'm not looking to build more than about 400WHP because I don't plan on Forging my motor (right now at least). Sounds like this may be the way to go for me if the modded pump can handle that kind of power...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
If your pump will provide the pressure that Tony is asking for ..save your money for inj's.
Any good injector options out there for less than a grand that can push 400WHP?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudenhymer View Post
How much extra pressure are you getting out of that 100 buck pump modding from Terminator? I'm not looking to build more than about 400WHP because I don't plan on Forging my motor (right now at least). Sounds like this may be the way to go for me if the modded pump can handle that kind of power...
Never test for prussure on that pump, but I can fill the difference for my old stock pump. Just shoot him an email and he can answer all your question.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 PM

I plan on having Joey mod my pump when I can have my truck down for a few days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.