Need a new egt probe for me Edge JWA - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need a new egt probe for me Edge JWA

I have a Edge Juice with Attitude and the EGT's never read much aboce 200* anmore. Just cruising around it will read about 80*, and when I go WOT on the performance tune it will go to about 150-200*. I checked the connections and they seam good.

So I was wondering, will any EGT probe work with my edge? For example, an Autometer probe? The Edge probe costs about twice as much and I highly doubt its any better. The only I have connects with 2 wires, a red and yellow wire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was told that they are specific for each gauge and that you shouldn't mix them, but I dunno how much I believe that. The Edge probe is $35 and I haven't really seen them much cheaper than that...
Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaairman View Post
I was told that they are specific for each gauge and that you shouldn't mix them, but I dunno how much I believe that. The Edge probe is $35 and I haven't really seen them much cheaper than that...
Where did you see it for $35? Everywhere I have seen, ranges from 80-120.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Uh.. from Edge directly. $30 + $5 s/h. Just got one like 2 weeks ago.

Edge Products| Product

Fits all Juice with Attitude. And it includes the fitting that goes into the manifold, even though the pic doesn't show it.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That's what I get for assuming the edge site would be more expensive then other retailer sites.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:56 PM

... I want to know why the probe would stop working... I doubt thats your issue. They dont typically wear out, they dont stop working...

I have had the same probes in my truck for over 80k... no issues.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well maybe not on your truck, but they are kinda known for going out on bigger diesels. At my fathers work they have 2 cat motors that have had the probes die recently. As for performance applications, on the race car he use to work on, they died every couple runs down the track. Now I know I'm not exactly a performance application, but its just an example.

I do hope that's the problem though because I already ordered another one. Any ideas on what else it could be? If that's not it I will keep you updated.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.Hutch View Post
Well maybe not on your truck, but they are kinda known for going out on bigger diesels. At my fathers work they have 2 cat motors that have had the probes die recently. As for performance applications, on the race car he use to work on, they died every couple runs down the track. Now I know I'm not exactly a performance application, but its just an example.

I do hope that's the problem though because I already ordered another one. Any ideas on what else it could be? If that's not it I will keep you updated.
I have been testing for Isspro for about 5-6 years, I have never had a probe fail...

I would check all the electrical connections, check to make sure the probe is tight and use some dielectric grease on all the connections.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 PM

I've replaced 3 of the same probes. my old JWA, my dads and one of my friends. At least I only live 5 minutes away from them.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to F250 Fever
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckslayer74 View Post
I've replaced 3 of the same probes. my old JWA, my dads and one of my friends. At least I only live 5 minutes away from them.
hey duck slayer do u got any more pics of your truck? are trucks look pretty similar lol, are you from utah too? (sorry very off topic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.