I Need Advice! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I Need Advice!

Alright i need some advice, the mods on my truck are in my sig. I am thinking about purchasing bigger injectors from beans im just not sure if i want to go with stage 1 REMAN or stage 2's. The only problem is i think i already have a week fuel pump either that or my fuel pressure gauge is messed up. After i get injectors i plan on getting a Air Dog fuel pump then custom tunes from TW(live tune) or beans. My truck currently has 225k miles on it but i feel it still is runnin strong and dont have to worry about it blowin. So what do you guys think?????

Lookin forward to the feedback i really need it.

Last edited by Im_Your_Hucklberry; 07-06-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would get the fuel pump first to ensure you can properly feed the bigger injectors. There are a lot of guys on here that have went bigger than what you are going to go with that have a lot more miles so I think your truck would be ok.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:50 AM
Banned

get a kit from BOB diesel O-rings GUY that will boost your fuel pressure to 67 PSI constant from the stock pump the most my pressure drops now under wide open throttle is 5 PSI ...he gave me the kit free to try and test with my last order and it worked out no putting screws in my fuel regulator housing his kit has a kick butt anodized housing and three springs depending upon what final pressure you want ...I have an 01 7.3 ....anything above 60 PSI from a stock pump is great at WOT...

Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines
there is th link kit is 46.95 I'd rather do this than afro engineer something plus it looks cool!

I have some wasted injectors as well and am going to change over to singles shots asap just waiting on Jim Rosewood to call back so I can get the process started I'm not liking the 1600.00 price or the 1200.00 price others are charging ...supposedly he can blow that away we will see...!
Attached Thumbnails
I Need Advice!-131.jpg  

Last edited by scott52575; 07-07-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott52575 View Post
get a kit from BOB diesel O-rings GUY that will boost your fuel pressure to 67 PSI constant from the stock pump the most my pressure drops now under wide open throttle is 5 PSI ...he gave me the kit free to try and test with my last order and it worked out no putting screws in my fuel regulator housing his kit has a kick butt anodized housing and three springs depending upon what final pressure you want ...I have an 01 7.3 ....anything above 60 PSI from a stock pump is great at WOT...

Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines
there is th link kit is 46.95 I'd rather do this than afro engineer something plus it looks cool!

I have some wasted injectors as well and am going to change over to singles shots asap just waiting on Jim Rosewood to call back so I can get the process started I'm not liking the 1600.00 price or the 1200.00 price others are charging ...supposedly he can blow that away we will see...!
So its ok for me to be droping from 65 psi to 55 psi at WOT??? So should i go with the stage 1 or 2s and should i run beans tunes or get a live tune from TW. And please let me know what Jim as to say.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:49 PM

bump i need some advice im runnin outta time
Old 07-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
ok first off you will need custom tunes for larger injectors.. if not its going to run like crap so it needs to be done at the same time... second i would go with stage 2 hybrid injectors and have Tony tune them down.. that way later on if you want to go bigger you can without having to buy new injectors...

3rd get the Adrenalin pump from Bob at dieselsite....

-Raul
Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM

Do i have to have the adrenaline
Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 PM

bump..............
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM

i'm runnin' stage 2 single shots... they work the hpop less and seem to be doing fine. i am currently piecing together a regulated return system using two stock pumps... based on marty's diy fuel system in the mod section. having good clean fuel pressure under throttle is super important for your injectors... either a return system or an airdog... but you gotta get the air out of the fuel rails if you want your injectors to run right. So... my two cents= do your injectors and fuel system together... stage 2's are good for 400 hp... more for you with good tuning and your turbo.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 PM

is this a good deal

160cc with 2k miles with 100% or 200% nozzles installed fro 2k and i keep my stockers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.