Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Suggestions for My Mods on my Excursion

922 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DSTRBD 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2000 X (7.3 4x4 just over 55 K miles) that I am planning to do some mods on that are long overdue and much needed. I tow a 9000k camper alot but the kids are in Fl for the summer so I will be able to sit it for a few weeks if need be to complete it. It is pretty much bone stock other than a DIY air filter. here is what i have in mind:

Tranny:
-remote filter
-valve body
-deep tranny pan
-6.0 tranny cooler

Engine:
-Adrenaline HPOP pump
-CCV mod
-fuel pressure cross connect/high pressure cross over
-bypass oil filter
-engine preoiler

-Guages
-exhaust
-NPG coolant
-remote coolant filter
-203 degree thermostat
-6.0 intercooler

***possibly a chip***

I figure this to be around $3500

***I am not sold on the chip as of yet and if I do get it, it will be the last thing I get. It seems that they cause more problems than they are worth from what I've seen. Though I do like the idea of an economy mode but fear the stress a tow mode may cause on the tranny or engine***

I am looking for more Preventative mods primary and power secondary. Though I definitly want power as well. I am open to ideas to this over that or what not or better ideas as well as DIY stuff. I recall something about a BB for fuel pressure or something I will have to look up. I plan on doing this all pretty much at the same time, slowly of course. But I am really interested in a before and after feel of the truck. I plan on starting ASAP as i am currently searching for prices on this stuff (vendors feel free to PM me before i post in the market)

--one thing I would also like is throttle response--

Thanks for the help guys
Phil

See less See more
#3 ·
that things not even broken in! yes exhaust, definitely.

#4 ·
Exhaust is on the list

#5 ·
That's pretty much what I have planned for mine minus the 6.0 intercooler and HPOP. I don't want a hot rod. I already installed an AirDog to help filter and seperate the water out of the fuel. From what I understand, springs should be on that list as well. When it comes time for a chip/tuner, I'm going PHP. stock, high idle, 60dd, 40tow, drive thru, and maybe the 25 tow. I'm pretty sure I don't want an "80" tune because I'm pretty light on the skinny peddle. One day I will have a camper and a boat and plan on pulling them both at the same time. Grandpa did it all the time with an OBS and a gasser before that so it shouldn't be a problem.

Other than that, bumpers, lights, and better tunes are on the list as well. Might be finished in a couple of years.

What's a preoiler?

#6 ·
you dont need the deep trans pan... just upgrade to the larger cooler like you have already listed.... im going to add a custom tuned chip to the mix because it will make that Adrenaline run that much better if you have something that is custom tuned to that pump....

that 6.0L intercooler wont do anything... i added one to my truck and didnt see any drops in EGT's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.