HOLY SMOKES REV-X WORKS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HOLY SMOKES REV-X WORKS

OK....here goes ..

A lil bit of background...2001 F250 4WD Shortbed Supercab Auto Tranny 3.73 gears 285/75/R16 cooper AT's truck has a new tranny with 6.0 torque converter ...

65,000 miles

Last fall my mileage was like 10 mpg so I knew something was seriously wrong well turns out tranny rebuild from local shop was crap burnt clutches in converter and 2nd gear...

I also fixed leakign up pipes with IH during all this which helped boost tons 18 psi WOT

OK so I had tranny rebuilt last weekend in may and drove it home from michigan at the end of the trip milage was 14 mpg

after getting it home I replaced the ICP sensor and IPR valve in hopes that would make things better ...in tiwn mileage was 12 mpg so nothing evetfull

I have replaced every sensor but the oil temp and oil pressure sensor...

I bought auto-engineuity over the weekend and tested it out found my oil temp up in the 225 range which is way hot ...I replaced the radiator...fan clutch and thermostat ..water pump new this spring ...so my cooling system is new with the exception of removing the oil cooler which I want to do for the benefit of the doubt cool oil is happy oil especially from the standpoint of the HPOP and rest of the motor..anyway I lowered my temps considerabley I'd say 20 degrees all around coolant and oil ...still want to do the oil cooler just becuase I was lax in my maintenance on both the cooling and oil system ..nuff said

So anyway I used sea foam to flush my oil at the end of the last 2 oil changes some say bad some say great oh well ....got alot of crap out ...

so now to the REV-X I refilled with rotella-t and 8 OZ's of REV-X and drove 50 miles away all highway up and down with AC on entire time at 70 MPH

I filled up before we left dayton and after we got to cincy with lil or no street level driving 52 miles round trip 2.5 gallons to fill up at pump = 20.8 MPG now I put in another .5 gallons till I saw fuel in the neck so lets just er on the conservative side and say 52/3 gallons = 17 mpg

OK so to be scientific we have to be objective about it I made a few major changes to the system all at the same time I want to see how in town mileage compares ....as well so if you can putt 66.00 worth of stuff that will increase mileage lets say 3000 miles per oil change * 10 % = 300 miles at 18 mpg so that is 300/18 = 16 gallons of fuel * 3.00 a gallon = 50.00 so it almost pays for itself now do the benefits extend beyond the oil change spokesman for product claims truck needs two back to back treatments to achieve the full lubrication benefit ....I also am buying amsoils best synthetic lubricant on monday for my next oil change and supposedly you can run 7500 till filter replacement and then another 7500 till change out if you do oil testing you can extend that to 25000 if duty is not severe ...we will see anyone who uses amsoil feel free to comment I do not feel rotella is good beyond 3,000 miles and me pushing it over that into the 5,000 mile range has cuased me alot of the problems I am sorting thru now I am tired of driveway oil changes and work I am shopless

So feel free to comment if it adds to powerstroke owners getting better mileage / less mechanical wear on the internals ect I want my truck to last forever

I still feel I have either a weak hpop or injector issues be it leaking O-rings or something on the fuel side my fuel pressure stays a rock steady 60 psi so hopefull it's something I can fix without injector rebuild or a new hpop ....any suggestions ?? I have test equipment ..hoses and guages for mechanical test getting a hydrualic hand pump for static test on the heads as well as autoenginuity for that side of things If I can get this thing sorted out with good fuel mileage and the power levels back at 100% and then put a 60 hp economy/tow tune on it wow she would be a rocketship

Nothing is more frustrating than a truck like this with 5 different issues going on at once the diode issue in the tranny really pissed me off at the Ford motor company ...they should have recalled every unit produced a man and a company are no better than their word and frankly if the big 3 want to stay in the car making buissness they better stop passing the buck anyway I digress I don't recommend one of these truck to anyone who isn't maintenance minded and mechanically oriented way to much going on under the hood! I'm learning and finding out along the way !

Lets see how much I have spent on the truck ...to date

3 payments left 500 a month ...so 72 months * 500 = 36000.00
45000/3000 = 22 oil changes at 60 dollars each = 900
1 sorry *** tranny rebuild 7,000 miles = 2000
1 guy fixing it new tires and drag link aligment cooler , rear main seal read my thread about beware of local tranny rebuilders
= 1860 plus hotel and fuel to grand rapids and back = 2000.00
fuel 45,000/14 mpg at best lol guessing = 4600 gallons * 3.00 lol remember when it was 4.50 a gallon I parked my truck for over a year lol
so that = 9600 in fuel
so add another 2,000 for fuel treatments and air filters and stuff I can't remember to be fair
non commercial tags at 80 a year lol 6 yrs = 500

new radiator 230 water pump 140 thermo/hoses/stat housing fan clutch 350.00 so 750.00

sensors ..map 50 uhm EXBP 80 ICP 125.00 IPR 175 boost bleed solenoid and wastegate actuator 100.00 = 500.00

IH up pipe kit 500.00

300 on tranny fluid lol

200 on antifreeze im going to stop now while im ahead ...my nugget hurts

not even going to count brakes and rotors lol

cost of ownership of this F250 to now is for a used truck I bought with 20,000 miles = 54,750 dollars lol wow it adds up !

I'M NOT A DIESEL ADDICT LOL OR AT LEAST I THINK I'M NOT
must be I haven't dumped her off yet

anyway if REV-X works like it appears to I'm really happy another PSD owner here local is going to try it with his rig towing a boston whaler to florida in 2 weeks so that will be the real test and my in town driving as well as another trip to UP in MI will be good as well ...

feel free to chime in if you have a story yourself sorry to be so long winded I'm just trying to get my girl back running good and i was venting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What is REV-x?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
its a oil additive
Old 06-14-2010, 04:15 AM

Ahh gotcha.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
one of my buddies actually showed me this stuff over the weekend. he said it works wonders.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:01 AM
Premium Member

Just for your info when using the rev-x you can run any oil to a 7500 mile oil change. I have been using rev-x for years with oil analysis testing with the Motorcraft oil and change my oil at 10,000 miles and have had none of the goofy problems others have with the fuel system. And my turbo spools waaaaay faster with rev-x in as well. I wouldn't run the Amsoil that far if I were you, there have been horror stories everywhere about this and I have experienced it in person. NOT a good idea!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcspeed.1 View Post
Just for your info when using the rev-x you can run any oil to a 7500 mile oil change. I have been using rev-x for years with oil analysis testing with the Motorcraft oil and change my oil at 10,000 miles and have had none of the goofy problems others have with the fuel system. And my turbo spools waaaaay faster with rev-x in as well. I wouldn't run the Amsoil that far if I were you, there have been horror stories everywhere about this and I have experienced it in person. NOT a good idea!
You wouldn't run Amsoil how for.....15K?
Old 06-14-2010, 07:58 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im pretty sure the rev x for a fix for the 6.0s not sure for the 7.3s. Anyways i wouldnt put anything in my oil, but fuel yes.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned

see this is what pisses me off guys who make statements with no info to back things up like wtf did it do to your truck ect .......
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott52575 View Post
see this is what pisses me off guys who make statements with no info to back things up like wtf did it do to your truck ect .......
What are you talking about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.