Just did Walker BTM & DIY 6637 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 07:11 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Just did Walker BTM & DIY 6637

And here are the part numbers/places I got the stuff

6637 Mod

4" dia, 3" long PVC Repair Coupling ($3.13 from McCoys)

Napa Gold Air Filter 6637 (58.49 from NAPA...next time Ill order two online as they were cheaper)

Koehler Enterprises Hose Clamps KE-64SS 2.5"-4.5" = ($4.32 from Autozone)

Thoughts - Gained some neat noises under the hood, couldn't really tell a difference in throttle response, will have to get back later after a few fillups to see if there was any at all mpg gain. I don't see where some people said the 6637 mod was "Too Loud", It seemed fairly quiet to me. Next is Foil Delete I think so I can try and get it a lil louder.

Walker Big Truck Muffler

Part Number 21470 from Napa [$77.99]

Thoughts - I like this mod for the money. Lots of gained throttle response...straight through style muffler instead of the junk factory one. Seems like getting up to speed I dont need to give it as much pedal to get to the speed limit off a light or passing. Only time will tell about the mpg as well. The muffler may be a teenie tiny bit louder then stock but not really noticeable. I think it is about perfect for someone wanting to get rid of the stock muffler but not wanting to sound like a drilling rig.

Overall I've been happy with the little amount of money I've spent on performance mods. Hopefully new guys (like myself) wondering what to do to their trucks...will take these experiences into consideration when deciding on making a DIY 6637 or swapping mufflers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 05:41 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Those are nice mods. A good start to getting your truck how you want it. The foil delete is a nice touch. I went ahead and painted my intercooler pipe while it was off.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Walker BTM

I just installed my Walker BTM yesterday. I think it turned out pretty well. Has a nice tone to it, but then again I haven't driven the truck yet (just started it up in the driveway).

Just for future reference for others. Rockauto.com sells the Walker BTM for $46.79 plus shipping (mine ended up being like $55). Even better yet, Walker had a $40 rebate. So muffler will end up costing me about $15 in the end. Unfortunately for others the rebate ended May 31st. But RockAuto does have the best price I've found.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
I love the drilling rig..she sounds preeeeetty happy when clankin around lol
Old 06-13-2010, 03:02 PM

If I ever sell my sports car I'll get a single cab 2wd for hotroddin / drillin riggin
Old 06-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGT04 View Post
And here are the part numbers/places I got the stuff

6637 Mod

4" dia, 3" long PVC Repair Coupling ($3.13 from McCoys)

Napa Gold Air Filter 6637 (58.49 from NAPA...next time Ill order two online as they were cheaper)

Koehler Enterprises Hose Clamps KE-64SS 2.5"-4.5" = ($4.32 from Autozone)

Thoughts - Gained some neat noises under the hood, couldn't really tell a difference in throttle response, will have to get back later after a few fillups to see if there was any at all mpg gain. I don't see where some people said the 6637 mod was "Too Loud", It seemed fairly quiet to me. Next is Foil Delete I think so I can try and get it a lil louder.

Walker Big Truck Muffler

Part Number 21470 from Napa [$77.99]

Thoughts - I like this mod for the money. Lots of gained throttle response...straight through style muffler instead of the junk factory one. Seems like getting up to speed I dont need to give it as much pedal to get to the speed limit off a light or passing. Only time will tell about the mpg as well. The muffler may be a teenie tiny bit louder then stock but not really noticeable. I think it is about perfect for someone wanting to get rid of the stock muffler but not wanting to sound like a drilling rig.

Overall I've been happy with the little amount of money I've spent on performance mods. Hopefully new guys (like myself) wondering what to do to their trucks...will take these experiences into consideration when deciding on making a DIY 6637 or swapping mufflers.

When you installed the BTM was it an exact fit or did you have to add a piece to the tail pipe? I was thinking about doing this mod but was wondering how much hacking a wacking I would have to do? I went to my local muffler shop the other day and the biggest they had was 3". So there is no place for me to get the adapters if I need them.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
so order a piece of 3.5"...its cheap..
Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 AM

I just cut mine out.....louder the better.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duanesz View Post
When you installed the BTM was it an exact fit or did you have to add a piece to the tail pipe? I was thinking about doing this mod but was wondering how much hacking a wacking I would have to do? I went to my local muffler shop the other day and the biggest they had was 3". So there is no place for me to get the adapters if I need them.
You don't need any additional parts except for two clamps if you aren't going to weld them in. You will end up cutting about 6"-9" off the piece of straight pipe that connects to your S-pipe, and you will rotate your S-pipe 180 degrees for the proper rise. My neighbor who helped me fortunately has some welding experience. He did cut off one of the factory hangers from the stock system, and welded it on to the side of the new Walker muffler. It was a pretty easy swap. It is a bonus if you have a welder, but you can just as easy do it without and use clamps (I ended up using both - bought clamps as I didn't think I was going to have a welder).
Old 06-14-2010, 03:58 PM

I had a buddy weld it on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.