Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

propane and water meth injection

5K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Phiber Optik 
#1 ·
i just set up propane about 2 weeks ago and love it, better mileage and noticeable power, but want to try water/meth injection can you run both propane and water meth together?

#2 ·
You could end up throwing a rod out of the block.... drugs do that to these motors. I have not seen too many people run both of these at once. I guess you could.

Is your chip set up for propane and/or water meth? I run water only for cooling purposes...

#3 ·
Is propane really worth the money and does it give you that much power.

#8 ·
for 300 bucks for the kit i'd say it was worth it, my buddy has a 99 with intake ts chip and exhuast when we race im a little faster than him without propane, by about 1/2-1 truck lenght in a 1/4mile, with propane it's about 2-3 lenghts, my mileage went up, my drive to work is 50 miles one way with almost all highway, when i leave my chip alone i'm pulling close to19-20mpg, without its around 16mpg, but i have seen 20.3 on one tank last fall before i did propane and really babying it

#6 ·
You ought to get something other then the standard TS tuning.

Why not get a set of injectors? I mean, nitrous is safer to run then propane... :hehe:

#7 ·
Propane is cheaper than injectors...... It can also make more power without smoking too bad. Water with up to 10% meth is all you can do while running propane unless you dial it back. The meth can give you better control than the propane, its also cheaper to run. The guy from powerstrokehelp.org........ Yes i know, we(the forum in general) don't like him much ran both with nitrous in his shop truck and it did pretty well for 60+ thousand........

#10 ·
Propane is cheaper than injectors.... .

It is until a rod goes out the side of the block... :hehe:

do a search on it. A friend of mine is pulling his block right now and he used to run propane.

#18 ·
:hehe:

:tard:

Thanks... Needed a laugh...

#15 ·
#17 ·
Just give them a call. Let them know what you are doing and they can help you out.

#19 ·
Since no one asked... What year is your truck?

#21 ·
Propane is a better mileage adder than power. It increases timing and thus can damage a diesel engine easier than n2o. If your looking to add hp, I would go the n2o route. Water/meth is best for keeping egts under control while towing or pulling but again, if your looking for hp, this isnt the best route. This is what I have learned from all the research I have done, if Im wrong by all means someone correct me!

#24 ·
another thing that has not been mentioned is what type of internals the engine has, if it has forged rods it will be able to handle more hp than with powdered metal. every engine has its breaking points, you just have to be careful and build one that doesn't surpass the integrity of the block and internals

#25 ·
i have a labonte water/meth system and to tell you the truth i really didnt notice a diffrence. I tried 50/50 at first but then just went to windshield washer fluid. I have the 7 gph and 10 gph nozzles in it. I also have tw tunes. I can still peg my 1500 egt gauge if i hold it for a while on the flats or up a hill.

#27 ·
If your not noticing a difference then your nozzles are plugged or your pump is not producing pressure.

I have a cooling mist system, and with it on I can NOT go over 1200* pulling any pass with a trailer...

This is with the mods in my sig.

One of the best mods I ever did.

#26 ·
My buddy ran propane and water meth on his 97 and blew both head gaskets, He had big nozzels for the meth and the regulator was cranked up pretty high on the propane tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.