dino fuel reg return? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dino fuel reg return?

I looked through some of the forums, i have read some feedback on the cck kits they offer, but does anyone have anything to say about their full regulated return that dino fuel alternatives offers? its definately the right price!! and also it has a guage port on it already, where and what type of gauge should i get or just wait and spend some big change on some other kit? thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 04:23 PM

nobody has done one of these?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Rail Crossover Kit

I've heard good things about the Dino fuel kit. The only negative I've heard is that you have to cut your stock fuel lines.

The kit that I'm going to go with is the Fuel Rail Crossover kit from Riffraff diesel. It isn't your traditional "regulated" return kit, but it is still regulated by the spring inside your fuel system. I have also talked to Riffraff and they will be offering different springs to allow you to adjust to the pressure you want (although the stock setting is fine from what I remember - something like 65 psi). The nice thing about this system is that it is a true bolt on kit. Not cutting or modifications required. There are also ports on your fuel bowl that you can tie in a gauge as well. Here is the kit I'm talking about:

Riffraff Diesel: Fuel Rail Crossover™
Old 06-07-2010, 05:19 AM

i didnt read that you had to cut anything, yeah i dont want to start hackin my stock fuel lines to put it in, the riffraff one sounds good, but thats not a complete kit right?
Old 06-07-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellflage View Post
i didnt read that you had to cut anything, yeah i dont want to start hackin my stock fuel lines to put it in, the riffraff one sounds good, but thats not a complete kit right?
I believe the only difference is that it doesn't have a manually adjusted regulator. However, it is still regulated by the spring inside your stock fuel bowl. And like I mentioned, Riffraff said they will be offering different rate springs if you want a different fuel pressure. But to answer your question, it is a complete kit, but it just doesn't have an adjustable knob on it to go manually adjust on the fly. But a spring swap (if needed) is a quick change out as well. And there are two ports (if I'm remembering correctly) already on your fuel bows where you can tie in a pressure gauge if desired. I talked to a person at Riffraff, and this is what was described to me. Hope it helps.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 AM

your right, i just read the install on just the cck kit they offer and you gotta cut one inch off the stock return line.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:05 AM

so i read more on that one you told me about SJB, but that one uses compression fittings.. Im not so sure i wanna go that route either, i have had problems with those in my kitchen with alot less pressure going through them, not sure i wanna puncture a hole in my fuel line, and hope its a tight enough fit to not leak. Do you have yours installed yet or still in process of ordering?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:19 AM

nevermind, i just got an email from them, and im going with their kit, i was reading their online stuff wrong but they sent me the instructions and its a good kit i think.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellflage View Post
nevermind, i just got an email from them, and im going with their kit, i was reading their online stuff wrong but they sent me the instructions and its a good kit i think.
Yeah, their add says it eliminates the need for compression fittings. I haven't ordered mine yet. I'm saving up for both their FRx and their HPx systems. If you get their system, I would definitely be interested in getting your feedback on it if you get one soon and install it. I'm probably still a few months out before I will be ready. I'm saving for my gauges install first.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:10 PM

i actually just bought both, im curious to find out how hard their HPx line is to install.. I had a hell of a time, and a few choice words, while installing one on my last truck. It was not stainless steel like this one, and kept moving around while i was trying to tighten it as per the instructions, so in the end i said screw the instructions and did it my way and it was much easier..! but ill post up how the install goes and if my truck is noticibly different or not. should be here sometime this week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.