dual oil pumps - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 11:37 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dual oil pumps

been searching for a thread on this what is a good second oil pump for my 2002
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
a second stocker is all I have ever heard of. But save yourself some time and money and just get a stealth stage 1 pump. Much better than any twin pump. Twin pumps rob an extra 30-40hp because you have to turn 2 pumps.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:05 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Best HPOP is a single Stealth...reduced Oil shearing more oil and none of the stock pumps problems..
Old 06-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
Best HPOP is a single Stealth...reduced Oil shearing more oil and none of the stock pumps problems..
I got rid of my leaky dual pumps for the single stealth.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
a second stocker is all I have ever heard of. But save yourself some time and money and just get a stealth stage 1 pump. Much better than any twin pump. Twin pumps rob an extra 30-40hp because you have to turn 2 pumps.

This is so far from the truth
Old 06-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydog View Post
This is so far from the truth
Couldn't agree more.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:18 PM

Wow. Pumps more, but less shearing? Explain that one? How much more flow? Does anyone know?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:31 PM

it flows more than some twin pumps I had. Well they flowed a lot all over my engine.

Back on topic here the stealth pump pumps a higher volume but about the same PSI as a single stocker therefore putting the same stress on the oil. it is simple physics of fluid dynamics.

And I believe he was saying the stealth pump is less shearing than a twin pump setup. Two pump that equals 14 axial pistons. that is twice as many as stock, well duh.

Running 2 pumps is bad for numerous reasons. The reason our trucks chug and have that distinctive tone is because of dead spots in the oil pressure where the axial pistons are at top and bottom dead center. Now when you put 2 pumps together there is no way to time them and make them work good together. One setup might run smooth where as the other might run like dog poo.

Also when you run 2 pumps they heat up the oil twice as fast. And to further defeat the purpose of cool oil some dual pump makers like to run the IPR bleed off back into the HPOP reservoir. that sucks hot oil right back into the pumps.

Not to mention the lost power of the second pump. The stealth is the smoothest pump money can buy hands down. but most people dont need or want that amount of oil. The adrenaline will work just fine, and it has a lot of good components inside of it that allow it to run smoother and turn easier. And the swash plate is at a different angle other than 15-17. All I know is it is between 17 and 21 degrees.

This is not personal opinion it is fact this is serious hands on research through multiple vendors. I tried dual pumps on my truck went through 5 sets in 1000 miles. Never again. I read tons of documents from ford service manuals and navistar manuals as well. I also tore a pump apart to know exactly what axial pistons are and how they work.

Rant over I just dont want someone to be without a truck for 3 months like I was. Why spend 1800 on dual pumps when the stealth stage one is better and 1500. phew long one there.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post

Rant over I just dont want someone to be without a truck for 3 months like I was. Why spend 1800 on dual pumps when the stealth stage one is better and 1500. phew long one there.

Thats what happened to me too when I put a Stealth on my truck, was without my truck for 4 months because I had to change out a motor.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:42 PM

wish I could afford a stealth they look so cool. I never got to install one even. I would do it for free just to play with it. But I should buy a turbo first 38r here I come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.