Couldn't get a hold of TW...switched to DI - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Couldn't get a hold of TW...switched to DI

Well as the title states i could never get a hold of Tony for a re-burn so decided to switch to DI tuning. Great thing about them is they're shop is only 30 min from me (). Drove up there, gave my chip to the owner (Dave is it? ), talked with one of his mechanics about trucks, then 20 min later he walks out with it already burnt and ready to go. Only cost me $100. And it was money well spent.

Tunes are...

1. Stock
2. 20 HP Tow
3. 60 HP Economy
4. 100 HP Race
5. 140 HP Extreme
6. High Idle

I've stuck it in Economy ever since i got it and that's where she'll be 99% of the time. Truck runs so much better with DI tuning IMO. Shifts great, power is great, MPG's are great, smoke is great, everything really. I highly recommend anyone to them if your in the market for a chip or a re-burn.

Just wanted to give my thoughts on them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
david is a great guy i am running his tunes also!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 PM

You too. I tried about 15 times to contact TW and nothing. I tried calling, I tried calling and leaving messages, I tried email. Nothing. I switched tuners as well, that is horrible... his customer service used to be better.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Emergency Services

Aint that the truth. Last summer when i first got my chip from him he walked me through step by step on the phone for about 20 min on how to install it properly. Now i haven't spoken with him in months after repeated attempts. Nice guy. Bad customer service
Old 06-03-2010, 03:56 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter04 View Post
Aint that the truth. Last summer when i first got my chip from him he walked me through step by step on the phone for about 20 min on how to install it properly. Now i haven't spoken with him in months after repeated attempts. Nice guy. Bad customer service
I'm glad Dave got you taken care of, I am truly sorry about the difficulty in getting ahold of me, as most of you know I work 2 jobs, and last year I was moved into a new position that requires quite a bit of travel, and I can't answer my personal phone until after 3 pm. On top of that we moved and things got real crazy during that time. Not to mention that little issue with my daughter.

I get alot of emails and phone calls, and unfortunately can't get to all of them. I had some help but life got in the way, and I am on my own again.

Anyway, no excuse, just an explaination. My apologies again.

Last edited by twildman; 06-03-2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 AM

I was really sorry to hear about your family issues Tony. I hope all is starting to get better.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpnlead View Post
I was really sorry to hear about your family issues Tony. I hope all is starting to get better.
I appreciate that, and things are definately getting better, last checkup was in May, and she was clear of all cancer. We just have to keep going back every 4 months for awhile, but she is doing great now.

Actually trying to line up some help with the business to keep the above situation from happening.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by twildman View Post
I appreciate that, and things are definately getting better, last checkup was in May, and she was clear of all cancer. We just have to keep going back every 4 months for awhile, but she is doing great now.

Actually trying to line up some help with the business to keep the above situation from happening.
Now that is what i like to hear.

For what it's worth.....the throttle response on your tunes are better than Dave's
Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Pm sent Tony...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.