Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

BD Turbo Thruster Kit?

5K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Cumminskiller2007 
#1 ·
Anybody running this turbo or now if its any good??

#3 ·
Well a 38R is what I was wanting but dont have $1800+ right now and need a turbo now

#9 ·
You can get it cheaper than $1800 but I guess if your adding the non ebv pedistal too then ya your right. You can get a rebuild kit for the stocker for about $100 unless you need the impelers to then it's about $300

#5 ·
how are the Egts and how does it perform while towing??

#6 ·
I don't get to drive the truck much since I keep it at home and I work on the road but I'm pretty sure that on normal driving it may hit 900 and getting on it some it may see just over 1000. That's the best that I can remember since its been about a month since I drove it. I don't think that I have ever seen it go over 1200. And btw, my egt probe is pre tubro in the manifold. The most I've towed with it around 4,000 and egts didn't really increase at all with that small load. With the other mods in my sig it will run as much as 30lbs of boost and that's not even with good tuning. With the BD and the AFE stage 2 intake it pretty much whistles all the time similar to a 6oh.

#7 ·
Ill sell ya a good factory one if youre just looking to get another turbo back on the truck.

#8 ·
thanks for the offer but i will park it b4 I spend money on a stock replacement with hitting close to 30#s every day it will die just like this one did but I appriecieate the offer I might just park it till i have the money for a 38R, does anybody now where to find the compressor map for the BD turbo

#10 ·
ya I saw dieselsite has the 38R for $1600, i know i could rebuild mine I just don't know if its really going to be worth it

#13 ·
Im also saving up for a 38R hopefully my turbo lasts till I save up the $$.

#12 ·
k thanks everyone looks like for longevity i should try and find a deal on a 38R or find a way to get 1600

#14 ·
a buddy of mine has the PDR version of the BD Turbo Thruster, and he has had it about two years and it went out on him

#16 ·
Know what you mean was prety close end ended up buying a new bow for hunting, was close again but now I gota buy a wedding ring Im sure the turbo would of been the better choice of the two.

#17 ·
Ok so I got on Bean's diesels website and looked at the rebuild kit and 1.0 A/R exhaust housing, if I went that route will it support my current mods, I have PMR's so my current mods are the way its staying

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.