Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Switching from Banks

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  7.3_pwr_strokin 
#1 ·
1999 7.3L Automatic. 95,000K switching from a Banks Six Gun (sucks) to something new. Heavily considering DP-Tuner b/c my buddy has one on his 7.3L and it is awesome. I'm not looking to raise hell, just have a little fun. Six gun module has got to go, cause I don't like it. What gauges should I replace that with. Some brands that work well and look nice? I've read enough on DP vs PHP vs TW vs...........to fry my brain so gauges? Thanks guys you have been a lot of help.

#2 ·
all depends on your price range... autometers are good but if your on a budget you could go with Glowshift gauges.. its a very good entry level gauge kit... after that would be autometers and then Isspro...
here are a few examples
99-07 FORD F-250 3 GAUGE KIT
Auto Meter Gauge Kits
Isspro Gauge Kit

and we can also packed them out with TW chips and save you some money too

-Raul

#5 ·
I would really like to get a hold of some AutoMeter Cobalt or Phantom II gauges. I like the black. And it matches well. I got to looking at the Autometer website and really like those. Please PM me a price for this setup: 4 pod Ford "Grey" setup with, Full sweep pyro, trans temp, and 35 boost. Thanks a lot for the help.

#6 ·
raul is a great guy to deal with :thumb: good customer service and easy to get ahold of

#8 ·
Another plus for Raul@stealthautomotive. I have boughten several things from him...always shipped on time and always good products and customer service.

#11 ·
Ull love those DP Tunes. Jody has been doing some good work with them

#14 ·
DiPricol guages was what I was gona go with but they were to hard to get so I got Isspro EV2's like them alot. DP has awsome tunes I can't speak for the rest since DP and Edge are all that I have used ANY custom tuner you will im sure be happy with.

#15 ·
Got tired of looking at all these millions of threads about which chip/tunes to get and which gauges. Finally had a million PMs with Raul ALL DAY, and decided to go with TW tunes and a 3 pod pillar with Autometer Phantom 2's (Pyro, Trans T, and Boost) all full sweep. Raul gets 1 million thumbs up for talking to me all day and helping me answer questions! What a guy, amazing service! Pics and updates to come when the chip and gauges arrive. Thanks to everyone who helped!

#19 ·
Well Raul let me in on a few things. One the lifetime reburns for different tunes are free. So if down the road I get a upgrade performance part I can send in the chip and have it custom tuned to that upgrade. Another is these chips unlike DP can be tuned by multiple tuners like TW, PHP, Beans...etc. Once you buy a DP chip...your stuck with only DP tunes. Mods: 4"turbo back exhaust, AFE Stage 2 intake, Banks Intercooler, Banks quick turbo assembly, rebuilt trans, Currently have the Six-Gun from Banks but that will be gone shortly. New gauges on the way. Raul is awesome btw. The guy answered every question I had.

#20 ·
Awesome, I'm looking at getting the AFE Stage 2 intake kit as well. I called them up and AFE recommended the Pro 5R filter for me, mainly because I hardily ever take my truck "off-road". What exhaust system do you have? I'm trying to figure out what system to go with... everyone here seems to have a 4" exhaust systems from MBRP. A few have 5" exhaust systems... I don't know, I'd like to hear/see the different systems out there :nod:

#21 ·
It's pretty awesome. I will say this...my buddy has a DIY intake and for like a week we switched...I honestly couldn't tell a difference in power in stock tunes. The only difference I could tell was the sound. They DIY intake is a lot louder and whistled a lot more. Depends on if you like turbo whistle and the constant sucking sound. If you do then it's cool. But I stuck with AFE cause I paid so much and I felt more comfortable with the filtration. I have the Banks 4"exhaust. I'd say an 4" exhaust is a 4" exhaust is a 4" exhaust though. Id probably go with stainless.

#22 ·
Yep pipe is pipe. Unless your comparing aluminized with stainless. Dont matter which brand I say pipe is pipe

#23 ·
Awesome. I'll probably go with the 4" MBRP Stainless Steel one then... I'd like to see if anyone has that all black exhaust from them first though.... it looks pretty cool. I wonder what it looks like actually on one of our trucks....

#24 ·
Gauge Speedometer Tachometer Measuring instrument Auto part

Well guys, finally got time to install these gauges. Biggest pain was removing all the Banks Sic-Gun stuff. Everything else was straight forward with help from Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke
These are AutoMeter Phantom 2's from Raul @ Stealth-Automotive. :thumb: Now just gotta wait for my TW tunes...:woot: Thanks again for everyones help

#25 ·
Cool man! Those look nice! Do you know if Autometer makes any gauges that match the factory green display and red needle theme? I've always used Autometer gauges, but I really like the ISSPRO gauges just because of the way they look like factory gauges...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.