Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

edge vs dp tur turner egt

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  99towbeast 
#1 ·
Hello. I thought some of you might find this intresting.
I have an edge evolution to my truck and i decided i needed to get a dp tuner. I have left the edge on the truck to use instead of gauges. .
I have noticed a big difference i egt between the edge and the dp tunes.
I took all these readings in third with over drive off and my foot flat. The truck had 1000lt ofdeisel and 300kg of tools on board.
here they are

stock 940
Edge
60hp 1200
80hp 1290
100hp 1360

dp tuner
60 tow 950
80 eco 1100
120 race 1150
140 ex 1210

I was amazed how much lower the temps were with the new chip:woot:
Good work dp tuner guys:thumb:

See less See more
#2 ·
Now ditch the DP and get ya some really good tunes and you would be REALLY amazed LOL

#3 ·
He does have really good tunes. This crap is getting old. Time to move on dude

#4 ·
Its amazing you have bigger injectors than me with the same turbo and still not over 500HP LMFAO

#5 ·
U have a few more mods than i have. But it doesnt matter to me. Im not out to make huge amounts of HP. I love how my truck runs. There are other priorities in my life now than make gobs amount of HP.

#6 ·
more mods LOL yeah ok VERY SLITLY ported heads... Not a big deal

I dont have any other mods then that that would make me have more HP

But I dont know why you came on here in this thread having a fit.

All I did was tell the guy what I have found to be true from comparing tuners and logging data. Have you ever tried any other custom tuning other than your wonderful DP?? If not how do you know its REALLY good?

#7 ·
You sure are on a high horse. I don't read the original post at all saying DP is better than a live custom tune, but he is saying they are far superior to his old Edge ones. Not all of us have the money or the opportunity for custom tunes. He was just giving DP props for the product they make. Then you jump in with your snide remark completely uncalled for. :doh:

#8 ·
Did none of you see the "LOL" at the end of my 1st post

God damn it was a little joke and everyone get all bent out of shape because someone said something about DP OMG

#9 ·
The truck runs well though. I am not realy after big numbers ,350hp is my goal. I am planning on getting a 6.4 in the next few 12 month. Im happy as with my dp chip though. The problem is that i cant get custom live tunes because i live in australia. Postage is a bit much for my truck to the states lol.

#16 ·
great, now BOTH the big DP haters are on this thread. I have to agree with diesel dawg though, this horse is rotting where it's at and is still being beaten. LOL

#17 ·
I don't hate DP... Just I think there is better products out there.

The point of a forum is to share experiences and info you have on products that you like or dislike and show your findings. Sorry for doing so.

#18 ·
Big stroker, I must say that is the most civil statement I have witnessed you type to date! Some people do take offence to criticisim on a product that they bought because they think it's the best product next to sliced bread and don't want others to bad mouth about it. I for one don't really care one way or the other. Just gotta let these newbies do their own homework and find what works best for them.

#19 ·
whoops, sorry, looks like the thread is getting derailed. I got my chip this past Feb, and I have yet to tow with it yet (the whole reason I got it). I hope that my EGT's stay just as low as the OP's!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.