Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

POWER??

854 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  CT Performance, Inc. 
#1 ·
I have a 99 F250 7.3 and have already done all the usuall upgrades. Intakes , programmers etc... and was wondering what injectors and turbo I should get? I am looking for the 400+ RWHP range. Can I do this on stock head bolts or will my heads take off like a rocket:doh: if I upgrade right now with out adding better head bolts?:dunno: Thanks in advance for any advice!:thumb:

#2 ·
Well to start gauges, 238cc Hybrid injectors, you will need a good chip to run them. A GTP38R turbo or a H2E Turbo. The GTP38R Would be cheaper. A 17 degree HPOP or a adrenaline HPOP. Head studs if you go above 34-40 psi of Boost. and if you have an auto tranny you ma need to get a built one. well maybe some others will chip in and fill in the blanks for you.

#3 ·
Set of Stage 2's and Beans tunes will get you there... They have several trucks running around like that. A 38r or a H2e will give you a bit more control over the power.

No need for studs until over 40psi. I ran stock head bolts to 42-45 PSI without issue for about 20k...

#6 ·
What he said, about 15-19 is quite common.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.