Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

910 valve spring shims

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  REDPOWERSMOKER 
#1 ·
Since I see shims are now said to help, does anybody know what size diameter. I do find they should be either .030" or .060" but I can't find the diameter required. Anybody know this one?

Keep Strokin'

#2 ·
i am interested as well i am going to be putting these in very soon and if i need them i would like to know

#3 ·
#4 ·
I heat ya J, I have only talked to one shop saying to use the shims but they are the ones making all kind of power on stock lower ends so I am sorta leaning to follow their recommendations.

#5 ·
if you find out let me know please. do you think i will need them ontop of the 910's with 2's and a turbo?

#6 ·
10-4 ,we did them on Jakes truck, mines next not sure wich way i am going yet. more than likley going to use .030 shims I have 315k on it, and going to 238/200's HX50 set up.

fwiw - I did go back and find the part # it was posted by Smokyred

#8 ·
Never did push rods before and I make 54psi tops. I have a flawed theory. I think a stock pushrod is a fusible link as I have stated in the past.

#9 ·
Agreed... Stock pushrods give the break somewhere to go...:thumb:

#10 ·
im pretty sure i know what shop your talking about and they say to install the shims to make your springs 1.780 inches tall... but all in all your looking for diameter so i dunno, hopefully ill have a set and ill be able to tell you in a few weeks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.