Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

DP F5 installed!

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Dasaliac03 
#1 ·
It came this morning! Took about 30 minutes and a phone call to Dennis at ITPdiesel and it was on! So simple!

First off i put it on the 80E just to see what it had.

WOW!!!!!

Runs 26lbs of boost at wide open throttle and is fast as crap! The difference is really night and day! The accelerator is so much more responsive and i smile every time i lay into the pedal!

I would highly reccomend this tuner to anyone and everyone! Unless you dont like the black smoke ha but its great for tailgaters and showing off for random chicks on the interstate!

Only problem i have, is having this much extra power going to harm my motor or decrease the life of it?
Anyone with answers let me know!

How is your mounted? i bought the gauge pod

i mounted it in the last pod hole at the bottom, forgot a pic, will update tomorrow

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you have any sort of a chip before or was it going from stock to this?

And with your setup now it wont harm anything except maybe your tranny if your hard on it, and probaly wont decrease anything if you maintain it. Everyone runs a chip these days

#3 ·
nope, all i had was 5" exhaust and gauges.

and i have a manual tranny so im hoping ill be fine!

i havent ever seen a fullsize truck that could spin 2nd gear till i got the f5!!

#5 ·
Bummer.....

#6 ·
A chip or tuner will not harm anything in your powertrain if you use it correctly. However to many want to show off all there new found power and when something breaks they want to blame the tune. I know for a fact with the mods I have done, that my truck now works less to do a given job then it did in stock config. This has to equate to longer powertrain life. But sometimes you just have to roll some coal, and you have to remember sometimes if you want play you have to pay!!

#7 ·
you also have an 03! tick tock tick tock

#9 ·
anyone else have pics of dp f5 installed?

#10 ·
Congrats on your tunes. U will love them. Jody has been working really hard to continue to put out good tunes. I love his tunes in my truck. Truck is running the best it has ever run

#16 ·
There is Nothing wrong with any of Jodys Economy Tunes. Period!

#21 ·
Hey Austin, i see u are in Castle Rock, i am currently down in Colorado Springs, gonna be down here til the end of May. Nice lookin truck u got there

#23 ·
PMR wtf!?!?!?! and all i use is the 80hp economy tune!

why what will happen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.