Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Best Chip For My 00' 7.3

4K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Stroking 
#1 ·
So i just got myself a 00' f350 powerstroke. The truck came with a SCT Chip with 4 stages the max being 110 hp, a turbonetics turbo, k&n intake, and a shift kit.

The SCT chip is alright i mean i like it but im sorta thinking i could get more power out of it with a different chip. Whats the best chip for my truck

#4 ·
get a TW i love my tunes

#5 ·
Yeah ive been reading up on the TW chip. Seems pretty BA in my opinion. On my SCT the chip level is like 45,60,90,110 rwhp or somethin like that. I just want the best. Is anyone else running the SCT?

#9 ·
Yeah on my SCT i only have 4 tunes. Idk im just tryin to see which one people would say the best

#11 ·
Let me get this straight, you have the SCT 4 position CHIP? Right?

Or do you have the SCT tuner with 4 tunes available to load on it?

The CHIP you can send to Cale at BTS and he can put custom tunes on it, and you only need to pay for the tunes, vs buying a new chip.

Just a thought.

#10 ·
i just installed my dp f5 and i absolutly love it! the difference is like night and day with power

would highly reccomend it to anyone!

#12 ·
Yes its a CHIP. So lets say i send it in and get it retuned. Would it work just as good and one of your chips?

#14 ·
BTS= Brians Truck Shop home of the bullet proof tranny for the Fords.

Cale's a good tuner and can put his tunes on their for you, just wanted to throw that out for you and see if that will save you some money.

#16 ·
Alrighty sweet. How much boost are our trucks putting out?

#18 ·
boost fooler? And would i get more with my aftermarket turbo?

#19 ·
A boost fooler "tricks" the map sensor into saying you arnt hitting as many psi as you really are. The 7.3's start defueling at around 25lbs so if you set the fooler for under 25psi the truck wont defuel and you can keep building boost... until the turbo blows and shoots peices out of the exhaust!

But an aftermarket turbo may not make as many psi but you are still making more power. This is because you are still pushing the same amount of air into a larger area. This is just what i have gathered. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

#21 ·
And also would a 35 psi boost gauge would be fine? or get a bigger one

#22 ·
Just look around, there are several sites that have boost foolers. Also can do a DIY set-up. May can look up on how to do that.

On boost guage i went with a 40psi, that way if i ever upgrade i have room to grow. 60psi is a little over kill for most people. Most people will never see over 30-35, Its just a personal opinion.

#24 · (Edited)
aftermarket larger turbo moves more volume of air, say stock turbo is making 30 psi of boost, a big aftermarket turbo can move the same volume of air at 20-24 psi, all depends how much bigger the aftermarket turbo really is

so your actually moving the same volume of air if not more volume with the larger turbo at less psi, anyone following me? but as everyone knows the bigger the turbo the more lag it has, takes more time to spool up and hit its powerband, but you make up for lost low end power when that big sucker kicks in.

#25 ·
**** yeah ill agree with that one! shes like all motor and when that turbo hits oh man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.