Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Want to build my 2000 7.3 help!

10K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  08powersmoke08 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 7.3 4x4 dually limited edition shot box I wannt to work my way up on the mods tell me the supports I need to run with my 08 6.4 with sct 310 package

#2 ·
Oh boy.

Well, first, check to see if you have forged rods, they will determine if this will hurt, or hurt really bad.

Second, check out your bank account.

Then we start the mods. Intake and exhaust, gauges, chip, BTS tranny, 238cc injectors with 100% nozzles, 38r turbo and a RR fuel system.

That should give the ol' 08 a decent run for it's money.

#4 ·
Oh boy.

Well, first, check to see if you have forged rods, they will determine if this will hurt, or hurt really bad.

Second, check out your bank account. needs to contain alot of money

Then we start the mods. Intake and exhaust, gauges, chip, BTS tranny, huge custom injectors, bigger turbo and a RR fuel system.

That should give the ol' 08 a decent run for it's money.
studs and possibly main studs and a girdle if you wanna go really big

#5 ·
Ah... You're gonna need at least $10K to even come close to running with the 6.4.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Give David at DI a call..

Youll need
to be sure you have forged rods
girdle
push rods
Arp studs
Comp 910 spring
Mild port job on heads
full fuel system
238cc\80% or 238\100%
42r turbo
Adrenaline, Stealth, or modded 17*
transmission either DI or BTS

there is some other odds and ends but that is close to a 600 hp 7.3

#13 ·
On my dmax i do all the work because im more familier with it..Im new to the strokes so ill probly let a local diesel performance shop work on it..ill do the minor stuff but headstuds and things...they can get that. lol i maily just dont have the time to learn how to build it..are there any cheap mods that i can do? and anybody have an edge for sale?

#15 ·
800 HP in a DD 7.3?? Probably not gonna happen... Maybe if you win the lottery. :rofl:

#23 ·
yes but he had to run it without the hood lol not real good for a DD

#22 ·
Why not look into p pumping it or wait till the common rail injection system comes out for the 7.3 and do that, it might be cheaper in the long run?

#31 ·
Like the others said, about 500 bucks for custom tuning.

But with that you get to decide what tunes you want, like tow tunes, econ, high power, drive thru, etc.

PS. Most tuners give you free re-burns. So if you make a major change to your truck, like injectors, they will tune for them.

#29 ·
about 475 for a wildman chip from total diesel performance for a 6pos chip and all you need is the info for your truck if you look at the site you will see what i mean and see what you need

#30 ·
$500 should set you out with custom tunes from the above-mentioned vendors. Jody from DP-Tuner lives about 15mins from my office so I go to him. Other Tuners have very good reps here as well.

#35 ·
I'm not too familiar with EFIlive, my understanding is it is alot the same. Basically you tell your tuner about your truck, they send you a chip which would best suite your mods.

A step up from that is live tuning, the best you can get. Any tuner can do it, they do a ride along with you, or if they have a dyno, they use that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.