Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

More power?

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  tubular031 
#1 ·
I have an e-99 f350 looking for some more pulling power was thinking about intake and exhaust first as truck is completely stock. I pull a 44' gooseneck enclosed triple axle race car hauler and need more for the hills and down the interstate. Was thinking about a S&B intake kit and a 4" MBRP exhaust. I want an air filter I can clean since at the track it gets pretty dusty. I also have $1000 to spend so what would be the best things to start with?

#4 ·
Where can I pick up a 17* hpop and is their any modifications that need to be done for drainback? I also plan on upgrading the tranny cooler since the factory one is tiny. As far as filter who's got the best price and do you have a part number handy?

thanks for your replies

#5 ·
if you want a cheap hpop just go to the junkyard and pull one. otherwise theres alotta place that sell them, even modified ones. just depends what you are looking around for.

#9 ·
lol thats important.
its the high pressure oil pump. its what runs your injectors. the 17* flows MORE. all you need is the pump it swaps right in. thats another reason the early 99 is a little sluggish compared to later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.