Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

which chip TS or Dp tuner???

9K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Jake 
#1 ·
I was wondering what would be better for power and something that wont mess my trany up.. i have a straight pipe and intake.

#2 ·
I would go with a TS type chip from Power Hungry Performance, or Beans, or Swamps, or Gearhead...

I would NOT go with a DP chip.

#13 ·
:agree: I agree 100% with him.
I'll keep this as non bashing as i can, they seem to mess with timing too much, which can and has resulted in blown engines due to cylinder pressures being too high. Thats all i'll say on here.
What they said ^^^^

Get a TS "style" chip from PHP, Beans, or Matt @ Gearhead.

Any of the three will be the last tuner you'll ever use.

#5 ·
I'll keep this as non bashing as i can, they seem to mess with timing too much, which can and has resulted in blown engines due to cylinder pressures being too high. Thats all i'll say on here.

#7 ·
The TS id think would be safe, but you will not get the power potential out of any modification without custom tuning. The fuel system and oil pump wont really increase power that much, especially with stock injectors. And where are you getting these "90 hp" nozzles? I hope you don't think you are actually going to get 90 hp out of them. Especially without custom tuning.

#9 ·
Keep in mind that if you buy a TS now and have custom tunes put on it later, you will not get free reburns, whereas if you buy a custom tuned chip from one of the tuners, you will get free reburns. Meaning if once you have the custom tunes and you want to change something, you will have to pay for all new tunes, again. So you can either spend less now and more later, or more now and none later. Unless you don't plan on changing anything in the future once you get custom tunes.

#10 ·
Thats whats holding me back on getting one right now, i have an evo right now thats been not to bad to me. Im also runnin the itp boost fooler, 38r, race tranny, studs, afe stage 2, 4 inch down pipe to 4 inch to 5 inch stack. Oh and a 80hp or 120 shot of n2o, depends what im feelin... Hahaha

#16 ·
Keep in mind that you want to get a TS STYLE chip, not one with TS tunes. Their tunes blow.

What they said ^^^^

Get a TS "style" chip from PHP, Beans, or Matt @ Gearhead.

Any of the three will be the last tuner you'll ever use.
:nod:

#14 ·
Excellent doesn't get any better then that info wise..

Now a little off topic and totally understand if you wanna hang me for it..

What the hell do I need a boost fooler, I noticed it on a vendor site as an item others purchased with their chip.
I have a superchip 1705 now and have never had a SES light for any reason...
whats the boost fooler needed for?

#15 ·
Its prevents defueling when build over 22lbs or less boost. It can throw ur truck into a limp mode. My edge evo kept throwin the code when it shifted into over drive. Alot of people dont see a purpose to it but it helps unless you can get a tune wrote that wont throw the code

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.