Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

timing question

787 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PahStroke 
#1 ·
I've got a Edge Juice w/Attitude in my 02 Super Duty 4x4. I've haven't gotten any great mpg gains , average about 16 . I have been satisfied with the preformance . Drivability is good and power is good on number 2 setting dragging a 24 foot stock trailer . I have a AFE stage 2 intake and 4" MRP exhaust ,auto trans , stock size tires .

Question is will changing the timing setting help the milage or performance ? If so which way do you go and how much . Thanks

#2 ·
get rid of the edge before your tranny blows up. thats my 2 cents.

#5 ·
Like stated before, the edge doesn't have transmission tuning. SO, if it were me and you are keeping the edge I would atleast get a valve body from BTS or John woods.

On the subject of timing.. It's touchy. A lot of guys swear they lost engines because of too much of it.

If you are looking for more power, a custom tuned chip is on order. Or if you wanted to take the plunge, hybrid injectors have been known for returning very good fuel mileage and have the capacity to make pretty good power. But doing bigger injectors would require some money, a turbo, studs, springs, fuel system and a built transmission. Atleast if you wanted to do it correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.