Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Multi-position chip + water/meth kit, good idea?

800 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  19558077 
#1 ·
I bought a 02 F250 a couple months ago, 100K on the clock, bought it from a good customer of mine. I work at a Ford dealership, so this truck has been meticulously cared for.

The thing runs great.... I had been searching for a 7.3 for the last couple years. I told myself Id never mod it but the itch is there. Im not sure why I have a 02 SS Camaro with over 620whp to play with.... I guess its just my nature. FWIW I run a meth kit on the Camaro so its what got me thinking.

Ive been reading about the 6pos chips for these trucks, it has me wanting to get one. The racer in my says to upgrade the injectors before installing a tuner on it, but I know the benefits of meth/water too. I was thinking of running the tuner + water/meth but only use the water/meth when running the hot settings. However I run injectors + meth in the SS..... but I know the vehicles are two very different animals.

Some people tell me Im worrying too much about it, that I really shouldnt need the injectors or meth kit for the tuner.

Any info/suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah... my wife also uses it to pull a horse trailer, I suppose the water/meth kit would be beneficial for that too.?.?.?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.