Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What kind of power can you make with injectors and stock turbo?

879 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  driximus 
#1 ·
If I have to upgrade injectors and I have a stock turbo what kind of power can I get? I will have 4in exhaust DIY intake and custom tunes from PHP or Beans.
This is a 2000 7.3. From what I have been reading stock setup with tunes maxes out around 300rwhp. The truck is used to tow rv about 6000lbs so its not worked to hard. I could every once in a while pull my dads 5er thats 12,500lbs

Thanks

#3 ·
What he said. Your stock turbo will not live long with bigger injectors. Stage 1s will get you in the 375 range i think.

#4 ·
I'm a newb so what strain does injectors put on the turbo? More power so more boost?

Thanks
Duane

#5 ·
Yeah. You add more fuel, which means more exhaust volume, which spools the turbo more. When you go with the bigger injectors you can over spool the turbo which is bad on the bearings. Also with the stock turbo, over 28ish PSI its out of its map and is no longer efficient, you will be reading more boost but the actual volume of air doesn't increase much because it just superheats the air charge making it less dense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.