Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MBRP install problem

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MT_7.3 
#1 ·
I have searched and searched and everyone says that the MBRP 4" S6200AL is easy to install. So I think it is great that my first question on this forum is how does the downpipe fit up there? I have spent several hours under my truck trying anyway to get it to fit. I emailed MBRP yesterday with no reply yet. I have a 99 F350 4x4 crew long box w/6spd. Anyway let me know if there is a trick to it or if it has been just staring me in the face.

#2 ·
I have the MBRP 5". It took a little bit of fenageling to get it up to the turbo. just remember the way you get it up there does not have to be the way that it mounts (end tube does not have to face the same way) until it is placed and clamped to the turbo. I took a bit of paint off the firewall to get it in there, but it got there. Take a break, have a beer and try again? :thumb:

~Phil

#8 ·
I installed a DP on a 2003 6.0L called the service guy he said, "do you have a 2x4?" I asked if he meant wood and he said yes, then he asked if i had a hammer and i said yes he said smack it in...it worked. no problems...dotn know if its the greatest idea.

#9 ·
my 4" kit fit like it was made to come with one. Fit like a glove easy install. If you have a stock turbo I dont think it will fit a 4" down pipe will it?

#10 ·
Yes it will...

Just keep working at it. It should slide in there with no beating or cussing. The 6.0's are a little tougher but still not bad.

#11 ·
All right just needed some time way from it. Got back to it and I pointed the bottom end at the oil drain plug then it got stuck about 3" off the ground. SO I wedged a crowbar underneath it and it went up and in with no problems. Earlier I was so set getting it to fit with the pipe towards the rear. Ah well it's all in and has quieted it up from the ghetto straight pipe job the prior owner did. Thanks for the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.