#1 ·
Ordered my Phoenix chip today!

Got these settings:
Pos 1- mod stock
Pos 2 - 80 HP DD
Pos 3 - 100 HP performance
Pos 4 - 65 HP standard tow
Pos 5 - Anti theft

The forum on PHP's site was a great help, as was this one to help figure out what to get and what settings. Did a lot of research and decided PHP was for me. Invoice said it should ship on the 9th...it's going to be a looong couple of weeks until it gets here.

Can't wait!

#3 ·
good luck with it.... hope you have done all kinds of mods. my bother in law says 95% of all diesel's f250-450 have been chipped or programed and the owner pays in the end....my 2007 is staying stock.... i may have to pay for another year membership to see the out come.

#5 ·
chipped trucks dont last?
YEP that is what i said... you quoted me word for word.... good luck ...later....:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::woot::woot::thumb::thumb::thumb:

#7 ·
thats cool, i am not in a pis sing contest... :dunno:

#18 ·
pretty much...

man all you guys gettin tunes is making me jealous:crazy:
Need my intake and gauges first!!! Hopefully this summer...hopefully.

Have fun with your chip!!:thumb:

#19 ·
Well you dont need to upgrade much on a superduty to run a chip and be fine... I put my chip on stock earlier and didnt think my truck was going to move at all... lol I couldnt handle it. Jarrod if your worried just get a good tow and daily tune

#20 ·
So I guess if I had a 140HP setting right now, it would grenade my E4OD? :hehe: The things got 186 thou on it...I don't think its life expectancy is good
- sorry for hijackin -

#21 ·
np man honestly it will last no matter what setting you have it on. Just depends on how many times you mash the skinny. My old trans has 200k on it still running before I got my BTS. It had tunes for 100k

#22 ·
wow, nice. I guess if you're somewhat conservative from time to time (and not givin 'er all the time) it's not so bad. But my chip will definitely have a 140 tune...

#27 · (Edited)
Im with that one guy. My brother is laws, best friends cousins, sisters ex father in laws, brother said diesels werent designed to be chipped. He knows everything, just ask him!! Why would anyone want to mod their truck? Soo dumb. Shortens the life of the truck. Not to mention it sucks driving a big A$$ diesel truck that goes like a raped ape. I hate being able to beat sportscars from stoplight to stoplight with my truck.:crazy: I also hate the smoother, better running truck, while getting 20+ MPG.

#28 ·
i agree with you a 100% :hehe::hehe: some people need to do some research :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.