Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Diesel Innovations

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  C-Power 
#1 ·
I see a lot of guys here talking about their chips are from Diesel Innovations and I know there is a Diesel Innovations Shop here in Houston where im located.. My question is, are there more branches of this shop elsewhere or guys just getting chips from the one here in houston??? Thanks anyone know if the one in Houston have good tunes??

#2 ·
David is a experienced tuner and a good guy. He is Diesel Innovations and is in Houston.

#3 ·
Thanks Tom.. I did some research and found out a lot of things and think im going to give him a try they have qouted me a good price on a 4 position chip which is all I will be needing.. Not trying to build a race truck just better MPG and more HP to play around with here and there...

#4 ·
my obs was mean when i had stage I's and DI tunes, only thing is his tunes were real smokey! i mean real smokey, but had huge power! did well over 40psi on a stock OBS turbo for 6months!

#5 ·
I like smoke! :nod:

#6 ·
mine was an obs not a superduty, i've never seen his tunes on a super duty except youtube and they were real smokey then too,

it was cool at first but dude my daily driver tune was 75HP and it smoked hard

heres some vids of it

YouTube - 94 powerstroke hypermax smoke

YouTube - 94 powerstroke hypermax smoke 2

YouTube - 94 powertroke hypermax smoke 3

that wasnt even gettin on it hard :crazy:

it was fun at first but try drivin a truck around that smokes like that just normal driven, i usually left it on tow 50hp, b/c that only smoke like a train if i went more then 1/2 throttle.......:doh:

#8 ·
If your DI tunes were smoky there was an issue. DI is one of the best tuners I have run, Top 4 easy.

#10 ·
ummm i dont think you understand, they were made smokey, as much fuel as stage I's could flow and lots of timing, as they told me,

there was no issue w/ my truck, it ran like a champ,

the stock turbo didnt help w/ the smoke, and bein a 5sp pri didnt help to much either but there was no problems w/ the truck,

just really powerful tunes, i wasnt complaining if i ever get another 7.3 ill have DI tunes on it w/ out a doubt! i loved the tunes, it was just hard to drive w/ the bigger tunes b/c the smoke

#9 ·
DI has some great tunes and are great to work with. For another option, that even David at DI will say is Matt at Gearhead automotive in College Station. David does just 7.3 tunes while Matt does both 7.3 and 6.0. Both are great tunes and great to work with.

#11 ·
Well guys David at Diesel Innovations gave me a great deal on a 6 position chip that I couldnt pass up!! On top of that I called at 7:30pm not knowing he closes at 6pm he offered me the great deal and told me if I wasnt busy to bring it on in!!! Get there at 8pm (2 hours after closing) and he hooks me up!!! :woot:

On the way home I had it set to extreme and man the HP was there and the clouds of black smoke when I stepped on it!! Great guy to do business with!!!

#12 ·
NICE, told you he had great tunes, wait till you get some bigger tunes for like stage I' or II's haha those are nuts!

now dont be crazy and kill your truck or black out every single person on the road! that will make ppl here hate you real quick w/ your i smoked ppl out stories

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.