Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

upgrade questions.....

886 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FORDBOY24 
#1 ·
So far my truck is virtually stock.....
2002 f250 7.3 55,000 miles. 3.73 rears
I have a ford AIS, MBRP 4" pipe. ive done some fuel system mods as well....I removed the mixingvalve on my sending unit, eliminate the pre filters, and added a pre-pump filter. i have a PHP chip coming next week(once my tax refund comes)

So my question is that i finally just watched the youtube guys videos on performance( i know hes an idiot, i just wanted to see what he had to say) ive already got my fuel pressure up to just around 65psi the guy suggests drilling out the fuel rails in the heads?....is there any benefit to this? also he suggests changing the fuel spring inside the regulator(similar to a shim) are there benefits to this as well? i understand that id be getting more fuel to the motor, however i wont have air to accompany it, thus creating smoke and wasting fuel?

he also suggests changing a turbo impeller, are these easy upgrades that would help? or should i just save the 100$$ and put it towards a whole new turbo further down the line?

Thank you all for your help, im new to diesels, kind of....i never got power out of my old 5 cylinder mercedes. haha

See less See more
#3 ·
not sure what vid your were watching about drilling the fuel rail, but PowerstrokeHelp.com has a lot of vids on what mods you can do with a 7.3. One of them is drilling out the fuel rail. He's kinda *******, but he has some good info. I'd check out the site, it's worth a look. As for changing the compressor wheel for a Wicked Wheel, I would only do it if yours is bad and you're going to rebuild the turbo. Also if you getting a little surge under load, it can help with that as well. I put one in mine, but here's what my wheel looked like up next to the wicked wheel, it was pretty bad...

#4 ·
with pmr rods theres not much you can do...the only proven high hp setups ive seen are stage two injectors or hybrid 238/80 detuned with stock or van turbo setups running around 430hp...my rods blew with just a tune so its really hit or miss...also I recomend going ahead and putting a tripple disk converter in your trans and obviously gauges

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.