Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What mods in what order

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  02_7.three 
#1 ·
Just got an 01 f 350 crew cab srw as far as I can tell it is stock going to pull a horse trailer from time to time about 6000 lbs loaded then just daily driving thanks for any help

#2 ·
Call and get a Hydra from PHP. If the factory turbo is good with no shaft play, get the Wicked Wheel 2. then you can start with bigger turbo/injectors if you need more. Probably gonna need to address the transmission if it hasn't already been addressed

#3 ·
Start with gauges (boost, egt, and trans temp if auto), then do an intake and 4 or 5" exhaust. The riffraff 6637 filter kit is a real good deal for an intake. Then get a chip, I reccomend the Hydra chip.

#6 ·
May want to consider a 6.0 trans cooler too if you will be towing a lot.
What they said. ^^ Its what I did :wink:
Brings the truck to a whole new level.

#5 · (Edited)
Reactions: JustinOOO9
#9 ·
Been very happy with my Hydra tuner. DEFINITELY get gauges, 6.0 trans cooler and exhaust if you want to tow without breaking stuff. Love knowing how hot my tranny is getting so I can keep after it or back off when need be. (Which is never with the 6.0 cooler.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.