Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Aftermarket exhaust exit location

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  cody3905 
#1 ·
I am about to order new exhaust for my 2002 crew cab. I have been looking at them looks like MBRP exits at an angle behind the back tire. I am looking for one that exits close to where the stock exhaust exits. Looks like Diamond Eye exits this way can anyone confirm this?

Also will a 12 inch length exhaust tip still stay under the truck with out hanging out any further than a stock one will.

Thanks

#4 ·
I know you asked about Diamond Eye, not MBRP, but I have pics of my 4" with 5" tip MBRP system.

#6 ·
It's this one. 4" in, 5" out 12" long. It came with the kit. If you look at the top pick you can see the 4" pipe still where I slide the tip way up as far as I could. I always meant to cut some off the 4" pipe, but it never bothered me enough to do it.
https://mbrpautomotive.com/?page=products&part=T5052

#7 ·
I'll take a pic when I get a chance. But diamond eye does exit like stock.

I cut some pipe off and mounted my 5" tip.

It looks ghetto when you can see the smaller pipe stick out with the larger tip.

#8 ·
My 4" Diamond eye exited in the stock location but I cut about 3-4" off to install my 6" tip.

#9 ·
I have the diamond eye 4 inch down pipe to 5 inch SS with a MBRP 6 inch tip that has a bilt in 30 degree angle built into it so it sticks out strengt like the factor look and not out at an angle. I'll take a photo and get you the link to the exhaust tip. And I'll let you know how much of the end of the exhaust I cut off the make it sit flush with the rear wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.