Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EDGE TUNER/PROGRAMMER

831 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JustinOOO9 
#1 ·
I recently bought a edge tuner for my 00 f-250. Tried all three settings, only noticing a difference in #2 and #3 settings. Damn did it shift hard in the #3 setting but the power was there. Is this normal? If so can't be good for tranny. just looking to see if any one else is running with similar issue. Thank you in advance for any help.

#2 ·
Edge is known to wreck autos in a hurry. Too bad you didn't ask us before you bought it. We would have recommended something else

#4 ·
Edge programmers are great for manual trucks! but they have a bad reputation on the automatic fords... I have an older edge evolution cs that I run on stock mode for gauges but when I tried it for fun it was awful! and same thing super slamming gears into third.

the most popular chips for the 7.3l are the following: *order listed is not intended for anything other then my mind lol.

ts 6pos chip
dp-tuner
hydra chip

must better shifting, safer power, and more features. but do your research and enjoy the shift on the fly for tunes. You can have an anti theft mode, speed limiter for kids or valet high idle etc and adding custom tunes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.