Injectors for a 2000 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 7.3ford350
Injectors for a 2000

i have a 2000 f-350 with the 7.3, it has 115,000 on it and i have to replace the injectors, was wondering if some of yall could help me with this, i dont want to spend $275.00 per injector for stock one and not get somethign out of it, being as i have to spend this money i would like to gain something out of it. the tranny has been upgraded minner, and i have all the other mods in my sig, i am wondering would it hurt anything for me to put a set of stage 1's in but not have to add a fuel system or oil system, or replace the tranny in 6 months. any suggestions are great.

thanks
george
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
<< Representin with INK

What do you have done to the trans? With the stage ones in a single shot since your having it retuned anyways you can have them turn down the injectors to act near stock levels but still have a little difference. Then when you do further upgrade your tranny and other things to handle excessive power levels you can have it reburned and maybe nozzles added for some good power gains with enough airflow to supprot them as well. Why such a soon replacement? What went wrong with the stock ones?
Old 11-20-2009, 02:23 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey I might have all 8 for sale very soon. I bet we could work something out.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:05 PM

I just have a upgraded vavle body and converter, I thought I had to have split shot injectors, I didn't think I had single shots.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:13 PM

you have split shots... I will be selling mine out of my 2000 they are Split shots
Old 11-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

There's a guy over on PSN selling a set of new AD's for $1500
Old 11-20-2009, 03:16 PM

Are those stock?!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:29 PM

I would rather try and get a set of stage 1 providing I am not going to upgrade everything
Old 11-20-2009, 03:34 PM

Ok well I just thought I'd throw that out for ya. Im probably gonna sell all 8 for only like around 400obo. prob not even that.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:52 PM
<< Representin with INK

You do have split shots, you DONT have to KEEP them tho. If you have your chip reflashed, some places will do it for free with injector upgrade, or for a small fee. If you swap to single shots they are a tad bit louder than a split shot at idling but the same while driving. You will however see a marginal ecomony gain with single shots vs split shots if your shooting for best economy the single shots win hands down. Even with a bigger injector roughly, you can gain some mileage without a heavy foot and without really big nozzles. I would say that some 160cc single shots with stock nozzles would be what your looking for. The stock 17* pump should handle them fine, your tranny should be ok if you dont race your truck or beat on it really and with the custom tunes you can have them turn them down to just above stock or to about 50hp above stock if i belive depending on your other mods and trucks running state and effiency and etc. Check out some casserly injectors or beans, most reman 160s with stock nozzles are just above a grand and are really the best bet if you dont want to rebuild yourself or pay a shop labor charges to rebuild them. Hope this helps, also If you want to learn more about the difference between splits and singles and nozzles vs injector size and so forth swamps diesel is a really good place to learn about our powerstroke motors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.