Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HPOP numbers

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  blue99stroker 
#1 ·
My buddy has an SCT scanner and for the fun of it I decided to hook it up and see about the health of my hpop before injectors. Now I'm not to sure what setting to run on, I have a PHP and I was in the 100HP performance. With the truck warm at idle I was at about 450-510 with duty cycle between 9-11%. It's a manual so 5th gear I went WOT for as long as I could due to traffic probably 3-5 seconds and recorded a max psi of 3550 at a duty cycle of 64%. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Did I run the test properly? Here's the screenshots (at idle) thanks all!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Idle numbers are normal but that won't tell you much.

What matters is what you can hold during wot not just peak for a second or two. What does it level off to after peaking at 3550?

#4 ·
What was your engine RPM's when you did the run. You want it up above 3000.

#15 ·
Good info in this thread.

I see 2600 psi at 55% with 160/30's.

Sustained full throttle run.

#17 ·
The injectors have about 25k on them. Only been on my truck for 3k miles.

Hpop is original at 262k miles.

They are single shots so they use 6:1 oil ratio compared to 7:1 like the stock injectors.

#20 · (Edited)
A codes have a 6.0 plunger with a 16mm IP for a 7:1 hydraulic ratio. B codes have the 6:1 ratio as they have the 7.1mm plunger and 17.5mm IP. Then the hybrid has the lowest 5:1 ratio as it uses the 7.1mm plunger with the 16mm IP. That is just the hydraulic ratio the actual injection pressure at the nozzle depends on many variable factors, such as nozzle size, injector flow mods to increase flow per time, ICP, internal pressure drop, VOP, and so forth.

2600psi is not extremely bad but it's on the low side your setup will likely benefit from a higher volume hpop. Most performance tunes are set to command a desired ICP around 3000. Above 2000rpm at full MFD

Reactions: kaya
#21 ·
One of these days I'll get a new pump.

Truck is doa again. I'm guessing torque converter is done. Fords triple disk converter lasted 100k behind a tuned 7.3. Uhg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.