Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Intake

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  02_7.three 
#1 ·
I am looking for an intake tube that runs from the turbo the whole way to the filter. Does anyone know where to get one or how to make one?

#2 ·
Stock or aftermarket?

#5 ·
No kits replace the intake hose that hooks onto the turbo.

They just replace the piece after that to the box.

Reactions: Austen
#6 ·
One of my buddies has one that came with his turbo kit. Not sure of the brand and I doubt you can purchase it separately. I guess I will have to make my own. I was thinking a 3"-4" silicone tube that will attach to the turbo and then 4" exhaust tubing running up to the filter.

#7 ·
I've looked for quite a while and never found anything. If you ever upgrade to a different drop in turbo you might have to change some stuff if you don't plan it out right now.

I would delete the ccv adaptor and just make a piece that runs from the stock boot to the correct area for the 6637 filter. You would just need a tymar style intake that is extended to bypass the ccv.

#8 ·
Anything with a ported housing has a 4 in intake tube. But it's not for performance reasons.

The stock tube is 3". Then when it meets the other pipe at the CCV it goes to 4 inch.

What your suggesting is what the stock setup already is.

For a 6637 you need a 4" OD piece of pipe to hook between the filter and the tube.

#9 ·
Anything with a ported housing has a 4 in intake tube. But it's not for performance reasons.

The stock tube is 3". Then when it meets the other pipe at the CCV it goes to 4 inch.

What your suggesting is what the stock setup already is.

For a 6637 you need a 4" OD piece of pipe to hook between the filter and the tube.[/QUOTE
I am looking for a cleaner look. Also the rubber tube that connects to the turbo is dry rotting so I figured I would get that replaced.

#10 ·
#11 ·
I was actually looking at that but it has a welded elbow on the bottom for the ccv which I already have re routed. An S&B is starting to sound a little bit better >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.