Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cant decide which direction to go...

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  SparkyF250 
#1 ·
This is my next upgrade and Im not sure If I have this all correct. Based on what I have been reading on here and there sites I have these 2 options to choose from.

CNC FAB
CNC FABRICATION 7.3L E99-03 COMPLETE REPLACEMENT HPOP AND HPX LINE KIT CNC-SD-HPOPLINEKIT-HPX $165
CNC FABRICATION 7.3L E99-03 COMPLETE REPLACEMENT HPOP AND HPX LINE KIT CNC-SD-HPOPLINEKIT-HPX - 99-03-ENGINE - POWERSTROKE 99-03 - Products

CNC FABRICATION 4 LINE FEED 7.3L SD FUEL BOWL RETAIN KIT $250
CNC FABRICATION 4 LINE FEED 7.3L SD FUEL BOWL RETAIN KIT

or

RiffRaff
Riffraff Diesel 7.3L Diesel Fuel Rail Crossover™ (FRx) $189
7.3L Diesel Fuel Rail Crossover? (FRx) 99-03 Powerstroke

High Flow Fuel CVD Fitting Set $29
High Flow Fuel CVD Fitting Set for Ford 7.3L 99-03

Parker 60VLV-4 Viton Sleeve (1/4 inch) $6
Parker 60VLV-4 Viton Sleeve (1/4 inch)

9/32" Square Female Pipe Plug Socket $8
9/32" Square Female Pipe Plug Socket for Ford 7.3L 99-03

(1? 2?) Riffraff Diesel High Flow Banjo Bolt - 7.3L $50
Riffraff Diesel High Flow Banjo Bolt for Ford 7.3L 94-03

*Stainless Steel HPX 99-03
Stainless Steel HPX for Ford 7.3L 99-03

Is my thinking correct? Do I need to do anything else when I do these mods also?

See less See more
#2 ·
I assume this would be a good upgrade to add since I will be working in the same area...

Guzzles
#7-033 FPR Housing -Billet Aluminum W/Pressure Shim Springs $47
Replacement Fuel Pressure Relief housing - Billet Aluminum w/pressure shim springs (gold spring)

FPR Tubing Nut $2

#7-004 Parker 60VLV-4 Viton Sleeve (1/4 Inch) - (2) Fuel Line Sleeves $6
#7-006 Parker 60VLV-6 Viton Sleeve 3/8 Inch $3
#7-005 Parker 60VLV-5 Viton Sleeve 5/16 Inch $3

#3 ·
These are both good mods.. But what are you trying to accomplish with your truck?

#5 ·
Better use of fuel. More Power, smoother idle, Less (Cleaner) noise in the engine transferring to the cab, bulletproof my engine.

I have a need to tweak/build ;) is probably the real reason

I have 205k miles on my engine and have only had to replace or rebuild the CAC boots, water pump, battery cables, Alternator and the Trans. I have been lucky. So I assume some of these items could use a face lift.

#6 ·
I mean if you really want to by all means go ahead.. But your stock system is more than capable of the setup your running now... As in I would put that money towards upgrading something else for now until you need it :)

#7 ·
Any ideas.. itching to spend a little bit of my $$. What should I upgrade next? ehh.. Maybe I should start a new thread for that. Would prefer this to posts to stay on focus. ;)

#8 ·
Well lets start by asking everything you have done to it already performance wise.. And what are your future goals for it

Reactions: blue99stroker
#12 ·
What I have done outside of maintenance is in my sig. So very little really.

Beefed up Trans.. upgrade the air filter...

that is about it.

#9 ·
Some have fuel pressure issues with the frx.

I have Corey's hpop line set and they work good. They have been on for 2 years and 20k miles

The hpx can quiet down the injectors some.

Corey's 4 line feed kit will also reduce noise and improve flow.

#14 ·
I have heard the same about the FRx kit there Blue. Some have issues with it actually regulating the fuel properly. @Joel I believe can speak for this???

Larger banjos are 100% absolute a waste of money. I have had 850hp trucks on stock banjo bolts and not lose 1psi of fuel pressure.

As for the hardline HPx, I make them out of hose for a reason. I have a fair number of customers purchase ours due to the hardline cracking. One customer had both his fail within 2yrs.

#10 ·
Yeah I usually recommend the HPX kit for people that have a little bit more clackier sounding 7.3's.. It does help smooth it out

#18 ·
Ulfheddin,

I just purchased the some of the exact same things from Riff Raff. I purchased the Frx and the Hpx crossover. I also purchased the square socket, but it was useless. I used a 5/16 socket. One of the kind that with fit , 6 pt, 8pt hex head etc. I think it was called xtreme. It was a Lowes kobalt xtreme brand (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Xtreme-Access-10-Piece-Pass-Through-Socket-Set/3726679), and it was much easier. I also need a 1 inch deep socket to remove the sensor from the front of the fuel bowl. the front fitting is a pain. My hands were too big , i had to get my wife to insert the fitting in the front head nearest the fuel bowl. it sucks if you have large hands.

Other suggestions, get the sleeve or for fuel return line also and replace it also. replace the oil galley plugs o rings also if youre going to be in there. I would purchase the master kit from diesel orings.com. I thinks its the same one that riff raff sells.

I echo what everyone else suggest, determine your end game and then purchase to fit those needs.
I purchased from CNC, and Riff Raff in the last few weeks and they are both great to deal with. If you want more information about the riff raff install, just ask. PM or post something. Good Luck. Seal up the leaks and you will be much happier.

#19 ·
Sorry I just can't resist, if you really feel the need to just spend money on your truck, you should trade it for a 6.0 :rofl::hehe::rofl:

Seriously, everyone I've heard running the CNC kit is happy with it, that and Corey is a site sponsor with great customer service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.