Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Basic Trans upgrades?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  superxcrewfx4 
#1 ·
so like the title says i am looking for just some basic trans upgrades for my 2000 f250 i just bought i am new to the auto tranny world on the 7.3s

#2 ·
What are your future plans with the truck? The reason i ask is "upgrades" may just be a waste of time and $$ if your aiming for big numbers.

However, a solid TQ, valvebody and or shiftkit will help dramatically. As well as a 6.0 tranny cooler and deep pan

#4 ·
If your just gonna run a chip a JW VB would be suffcient for the "average driver" if you feel the need to floor it everywhere you go i would get a good TC as well.

I believe you can either run one or the other (vb/shift kit) im not for sure though

#6 ·
The hankooks have been good to me so far. Not too loud on the road pretty decent grip in the nasty stuff.

I think Itp has a jw vb

#10 ·
I bought my factory tech valve body for my 02 SD from dieselsite.com. Easy install and what a differance shifting. Nice firm shifts, no delay in reverse. Worth the price.

#12 ·
Where would be a picture of this truck you just purchased?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.