TW Chip - Very jumpy off line - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TW Chip - Very jumpy off line

I ordered a TW 6-POS Chip back on July 4th. I finally just got it in early October. (thanks Raul). Anyway, I finally had time to install it on Friday. Wow, very impressive. I mostly like it so far. However, it's extremely jumpy right off the line. (I don't like this) Today, it's raining and it was really hard to not break traction off the line. is this normal? Also, how do I know what setting is at each knob position? the chip came with absolutely no info.
thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Mine came in the order that my order had them. Mine easily breaks tires loose on Street.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:35 PM

keep your foot out of it
Old 10-19-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowinsmoke7.3 View Post
keep your foot out of it
He just needs to get his tuning straight. I can run my 460 horse tune all day and my pedal isnt touchy
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 PM

tps is a little touchy.

My economy tune is worthless in the rain. But my street tune is perfect.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM

wow thats a long wait for a tw...
Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 PM

Mine is pretty dang touchy in extreme and smoke tunes. I have gotten use to it. Tony has it now doing a reburn so we will see if it is any different.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Govy Magnet

Pickups are just way too light in the rear end, even my f150 breaks the tires loose in the rain. In the powerstroke it's just that much easier because of the powerband and torque, and the turbo. I like the TW tunes I have, ran all of them reall didn't mind economy when I drove from NC to CA last week. It did take a little while to get used to the "touch" it takes a lighter throttle imput than my other truck. Anyway back on point in the rain a RWD vehicle of any kind with a lot of power takes finess to maneuver around.

~Phil
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambonimaxx View Post
Pickups are just way too light in the rear end, even my f150 breaks the tires loose in the rain. In the powerstroke it's just that much easier because of the powerband and torque, and the turbo. I like the TW tunes I have, ran all of them reall didn't mind economy when I drove from NC to CA last week. It did take a little while to get used to the "touch" it takes a lighter throttle imput than my other truck. Anyway back on point in the rain a RWD vehicle of any kind with a lot of power takes finess to maneuver around.

~Phil

my 2000 had a TS 6-way. That TS was a major POS compared to this new TW 6-position I have in my 2002. Holy toledo! my 2002 gets up and goes after it! Every bit as fast if not faster than my '06 Dodge with the Edge. I am afraid I am going to tear the tranny out of it and I've been VERY gentle on the throttle. going to hit the tranny shop next week to see what he can do to beef it up before I toast it. So far, I highly recommend the TW tunes. Going to tow with it this weekend. that will be the real test. giddy up.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoody View Post
I ordered a TW 6-POS Chip back on July 4th. I finally just got it in early October. (thanks Raul). Anyway, I finally had time to install it on Friday. Wow, very impressive. I mostly like it so far. However, it's extremely jumpy right off the line. (I don't like this) Today, it's raining and it was really hard to not break traction off the line. is this normal? Also, how do I know what setting is at each knob position? the chip came with absolutely no info.
thanks.
I ordered mine and kept the order form where I requested each position to be. Got mine from Stealth.

Street Race and smoke are very jumpy (read, not drivable) Daily is junk too. It is flat off the bottom with a sort of delay on peddle response, making it jumpy and not much fun to drive. I also hate the shifting of my daily when driven at low speeds around town.

I have found heavy tow or extreme to be my daily tunes of choice. If I sent it for a reburn I would not get street race or daily. I would however keep smoke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.