TW Chip Post install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Govy Magnet

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TW Chip Post install

Howdy Fellas. Had a little G2G at my house, and CHUCK installed the TW chip on my truck, and boy what a difference. Wow, anyone holding off on a custom chip to go from canned tunes (that I was running for 2 days) boy what a difference. The power is always there, its amazing! I need to calm down though that chip will get me in trouble...spinning 35's with no problem what so ever, stopped at a light going uphill with a slight bit of moisture on the ground, I couldn't even go anywhere in street, just spun the tires! Wow is all I can say! Very happy with the tunes, very happy with the truck in general, boy this 7.3 is something! Anyway, tunes list (Econ, Daily, Heavy Tow, Street, Extreme, High Idle). Now I just have to start saving up for my built tranny haha, not sure on how long this one will last with me messing around all the time. Alrighty, so far no improvement on fuel mileage (never had it in econ, and it was idling for 4 hours or so last night) so i'll let y'all know when I drive back to Cali though.
~Phil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 02:53 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambonimaxx View Post
Howdy Fellas. Had a little G2G at my house, and CHUCK installed the TW chip on my truck, and boy what a difference. Wow, anyone holding off on a custom chip to go from canned tunes (that I was running for 2 days) boy what a difference. The power is always there, its amazing! I need to calm down though that chip will get me in trouble...spinning 35's with no problem what so ever, stopped at a light going uphill with a slight bit of moisture on the ground, I couldn't even go anywhere in street, just spun the tires! Wow is all I can say! Very happy with the tunes, very happy with the truck in general, boy this 7.3 is something! Anyway, tunes list (Econ, Daily, Heavy Tow, Street, Extreme, High Idle). Now I just have to start saving up for my built tranny haha, not sure on how long this one will last with me messing around all the time. Alrighty, so far no improvement on fuel mileage (never had it in econ, and it was idling for 4 hours or so last night) so i'll let y'all know when I drive back to Cali though.
~Phil

Morning Phil! Wished I had been able to make the G2G but I didn't. I know exactly how you feel. My TW has Stock, Econo, Daily, Tow, Heavy Tow and Street. If I had it to do all over again I would have had the tranny built before I got the tune. More than likely you will be gettin' it done real soon. I could only get 12,000 miles out of a stock tranny with the chip....twice!
I keep mine on Daily until I see a challenge (another diesel) or a Prius in my sights. Then my hand naturally falls on the switch and over to street. I can't imagine what extreme would be like. I have found, as have others, that Street is best for fuel economy as long as you don't "play" with it. And brother, as you know, is hard to do! Have fun but say "bye" to the tranny.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Banned

thats a good story man. Always like to hear reviews of different tuners!
Old 10-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

whoa? are guys blowin trannys left right and center? or is that only if your got WOT all day long on extreme?
Old 10-06-2009, 02:42 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
glad ya like it Phil
Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

thats awesome to hear but i got one question, why did your truck idle for four hours haha
Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Govy Magnet

Thanks for all the comments! Yes I understand my tranny will be soon dead. I am actually not on it very often, it was fun to test out, but I need to care for this truck, and make it last as long as I can. Next on the ToDo list is install the HID's that I have, then start the long process to save up for a built tranny. Now the reason it idled for so dang long, was we had a misshap on I85, and was trying to help a buddy out. Was running my aftermarket lights most of the time to shed some light on the situation, and really didn't feel like having a dead truck haha. I averaged it to about 4 hours, probably close to that. Anyway, if I would do it all over again, I would definately get the tunes again! Only ran it in extreme once, couldn't get traction the whole time...but I have a race against my mom's barn manager in her F150 tomorrow (bone stock) and if I win she has to buy the drinks...if she wins I have to buy her drinks...so I figure I could embarrass a fellow Ford owner (have sympathy for the gas 1/2 tons I own one as well), and no matter what happens I win! lol...I'll get a video of it too...post that sucker up here. Anyway very happy with the result!

~Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.