Cat delete for 7.3? ? ? ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cat delete for 7.3? ? ? ?

Where can a guy get a stock size cat delete pipe? I have been looking everywhere. WTH. I guess they want to sell you the whole set up. I was just going to put a walker BTM and cat-delete and call it good. I can't find the cat-delete anywhere. Does anyone know the part number for the ford stock pipe that goes where my cat is? I know most 7.3s didn't have cats, and they aren't required for emissions in Utah - at least on the old 7.3s like I have. Any one know?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Where you at in Utah? I had a muffler shop in Ogden that could bend 3.5" do my muffler delete pipe. Only place I could find that did the right size.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Down here in Utah county. I was just talking to a guy today who knows someone that he says will do it cheap. One muffler shop I talked to said they can't cut a cat out, no matter what vehicle it is on. They don't even emission diesels of this year (99) down here. My inspection guy said there is no use for it. I just want it out, with a straight through muffler, I think the cat is getting plugged (180,000 miles). I just thought since they made tons of these without cats, you should be able to buy a bolt in pipe from ford, I just don't have a part number - and everyone else wants you to buy a $350-$650 exhaust system.
No money for that with all the other junk I have been doing to the truck to get it running like it did last year. Its running better, but I still haven't figured it out.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:38 PM

Ya I ran into that same problem with my muffler. Shops playing by the rules. I run a straight pipe now and I'm going through Salt Lake City all the time. I get pulled over for no mud flaps is all so I don't understand why some shops do that.

You can get a full exhaust system from farmboysdiesel.com. Their 4" system is super cheap, right around $300 is all. I am waiting on my AFE intake and 5" straight pipe system from them, should be here Tuesday.

If you come up to the Weber/Davis county area there are two really awesome diesel shops that I know will cut out your cat and put in a correct diameter pipe. Wild Diesel in Ogden and Bakers Diesel in West Haven.

Hope I helped, too many Cummins in Utah. We need more Powerstrokes!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 AM

just order one for a 2001 they didn't come with a CAT
Old 10-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah, I have to get rid of it somehow.
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just had a pipe welded there, and the walker muffler in place of the old one. Worked great!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InExactAxis View Post
Ya I ran into that same problem with my muffler. Shops playing by the rules. I run a straight pipe now and I'm going through Salt Lake City all the time. I get pulled over for no mud flaps is all so I don't understand why some shops do that.

You can get a full exhaust system from farmboysdiesel.com. Their 4" system is super cheap, right around $300 is all. I am waiting on my AFE intake and 5" straight pipe system from them, should be here Tuesday.

If you come up to the Weber/Davis county area there are two really awesome diesel shops that I know will cut out your cat and put in a correct diameter pipe. Wild Diesel in Ogden and Bakers Diesel in West Haven.

Hope I helped, too many Cummins in Utah. We need more Powerstrokes!

With the current administration, diesels will be under far more scrutiny than before. If your truck is suppose to have a cat I would not remove it. It won't be long before the government cracks down on cat deletes. One must remember, the removal of a cat from a vehicle is a crime. With this said, I have seen folks remove the cat, hollow it out and weld a pipe through it. For all visual purposes, you still have a cat it is just a spayed kitty. It works great...I have heard. It is still a crime to modify a cat but it is much harder to figure out if the cat is modified than not present. Here in Colorado, we have diesel inspections and there is no way to tell if you cat has been spayed. I have a 99 that the cat was removed and I was required to put the cat back on before I could register the truck. It was a major PITA!!

Remember, spay your kitties to help overpopulation
Old 10-27-2009, 08:42 AM

Yea it just varies by state. I bet it was a Cali truck. But I say if the state it's registered in doesn't require one, take it off.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macoubrie View Post
With the current administration, diesels will be under far more scrutiny than before. If your truck is suppose to have a cat I would not remove it. It won't be long before the government cracks down on cat deletes. One must remember, the removal of a cat from a vehicle is a crime. With this said, I have seen folks remove the cat, hollow it out and weld a pipe through it. For all visual purposes, you still have a cat it is just a spayed kitty. It works great...I have heard. It is still a crime to modify a cat but it is much harder to figure out if the cat is modified than not present. Here in Colorado, we have diesel inspections and there is no way to tell if you cat has been spayed. I have a 99 that the cat was removed and I was required to put the cat back on before I could register the truck. It was a major PITA!!

Remember, spay your kitties to help overpopulation
My 01 has never had a cat, so running straight pipe on my truck is only without a muffler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.