Tunes Too HOT!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,034
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tunes Too HOT!!!

I don't know what happened but every setting on my chip is running way too hot and shifting like $hit and smoking all kinds. i took it out and my truck is fine...just slow lol. it is a TS chip with a TW reburn. any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Union City, IN
Posts: 862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Big_Stroker
Has it always done this or just started?

Could be a bad connection on the switch or the chip its self.

Pull it and reinstall it and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-17-2009, 04:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You need to get youre truck on a scanner and do some test.
Did you bump or pull the wire at all did you get any water in the PCM. Pull the PCM and check it fo any water damage some trucks will leak. Is there notacible diferance switching from tune to tune.

A chip will make a problem with the truck more noticable than it will be in stock form. There realy isnr much to go wrong on a chip unless it gets shorted out or pulled while the key is on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-17-2009, 04:29 AM
wriott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
talk to tony after you try what was said above... might need to put a pressure gauge on the trans to see what the line pressures are... the truck may have a shift kit or different VB in it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke W/smoke View Post
I don't know what happened but every setting on my chip is running way too hot and shifting like $hit and smoking all kinds. i took it out and my truck is fine...just slow lol. it is a TS chip with a TW reburn. any ideas?
Is there any difference in the settings when you switch the positions or do they all feel/act the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Union City, IN
Posts: 862
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Big_Stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by twildman View Post
Is there any difference in the settings when you switch the positions or do they all feel/act the same?
I don't see how this would find out the problem or not.

My chip feels the same in every setting up till 1/2 throttle then there is more fuel. When you just switch through them you can tell at all.

But my question is do you have a high idle or something to try and see if the chip is really switching positions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,543
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Stroker View Post
I don't see how this would find out the problem or not.

My chip feels the same in every setting up till 1/2 throttle then there is more fuel. When you just switch through them you can tell at all.

But my question is do you have a high idle or something to try and see if the chip is really switching positions?
Since you dont have a TW you probably dont know. But there is a noticable differance between tunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Stroker View Post
I don't see how this would find out the problem or not.
My chip feels the same in every setting up till 1/2 throttle then there is more fuel. When you just switch through them you can tell at all.

But my question is do you have a high idle or something to try and see if the chip is really switching positions?
Thats the reason I asked. Makes senses doesn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,034
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've been running it for a while now with no problems. the terminals are clean and clear. every setting runs exactly the same: low power, lots of smoke, shifting hard, gets hot real fast. I think it is over fueling to the max. i took it out and the truck is running fine with out any codes or issues. I do not have any mods on my tranny either. has anyone had this issue before? Have your ever seen something like this happening tony? thanks for your quick help by the way man i appreciate it a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Too cool for school


 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,889
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke W/smoke View Post
I've been running it for a while now with no problems. the terminals are clean and clear. every setting runs exactly the same: low power, lots of smoke, shifting hard, gets hot real fast. I think it is over fueling to the max. i took it out and the truck is running fine with out any codes or issues. I do not have any mods on my tranny either. has anyone had this issue before? Have your ever seen something like this happening tony? thanks for your quick help by the way man i appreciate it a lot
so it's always done it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors