I need an exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need an exhaust

I know there are a ton of threads concerning what exhaust to get for their truck. I have searched them and have not really been able to find what I wanted. About 3 or 4 months ago I noticed that there were quite a few good deals to be had on exhaust systems but now I can't seem to find any.

I am specifically looking for a 409 stainless system, I would love a 304 stainless but that is out of the budget. I feel that I won't be able to have an aluminized system because I live in Michigan and we seem to be the salt capital of the US in the winter time. I also am not sure if I am looking for a 4" or 5", but for the right price either would work.

I am not to concerned with what brand I run, but it has to fit without needing to perform surgery on the truck or exhaust to make it fit. I have searched a few of the vendors on here and it seems like prices on exhausts in general has gone up considerably from just a couple of months ago. I am not looking for a top of the line exhaust for dirt cheap, I have a budget of about $500. For that money I want the exhaust with a muffler, a decent looking tip, and hopefully a few bucks left over to buy a muffler delete pipe because I am not sure if I will want to straight pipe it or not. I think that should all be attainable for 500 bucks but I have yet to find it.

So my question is does anyone have any exhausts, retailers, or vendors they recommend that might be able to help me out? I need this exhaust really soon because my stock one is about to fall off from the rust.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATREDGT View Post
I know there are a ton of threads concerning what exhaust to get for their truck. I have searched them and have not really been able to find what I wanted. About 3 or 4 months ago I noticed that there were quite a few good deals to be had on exhaust systems but now I can't seem to find any.

I am specifically looking for a 409 stainless system, I would love a 304 stainless but that is out of the budget. I feel that I won't be able to have an aluminized system because I live in Michigan and we seem to be the salt capital of the US in the winter time. I also am not sure if I am looking for a 4" or 5", but for the right price either would work.

I am not to concerned with what brand I run, but it has to fit without needing to perform surgery on the truck or exhaust to make it fit. I have searched a few of the vendors on here and it seems like prices on exhausts in general has gone up considerably from just a couple of months ago. I am not looking for a top of the line exhaust for dirt cheap, I have a budget of about $500. For that money I want the exhaust with a muffler, a decent looking tip, and hopefully a few bucks left over to buy a muffler delete pipe because I am not sure if I will want to straight pipe it or not. I think that should all be attainable for 500 bucks but I have yet to find it.

So my question is does anyone have any exhausts, retailers, or vendors they recommend that might be able to help me out? I need this exhaust really soon because my stock one is about to fall off from the rust.

Thanks,
Mike
Get in touch with Raul (Stealth Auto) he got me a hell of a deal on a 5". It was aluminized though I know thats not what your looking for. Im sure he can get you set up for well under your price range
Old 07-05-2009, 11:58 AM

I live in Illinois and I have 4 in tb stright pipe. I just put it on a few months ago when I got the truck so I cant say what will happen with the salt here. My brother had aluminized 4 in on his dodge when he bought it and it looked like it held up good with the salt. If you want, I would buy an aluminized system then go to auto zone and buy some high heat primer and paint and paint the system black or something before you put it on. That will help alot with the salt give it a coat to protect it. I got my 4 in diamond eye off ebay for $275 shipped with a muffler. I wanted straight pipe so I got a piece of flex pipe. I understand that if you call diamond eyes number they make straight pipe kits cause mine wasnt lined up perfect so I had to use flex. I would go the aluminezed/paint route imo.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:32 PM

whats so good going with aluminum over stainless? and what do the 409 ...ect. numbers (by the stainless steel exhaust) mean in terms of performance and quality? is there a difference? thanks !!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:33 PM

I can help you within your budget and get you a killer exhaust system... if you are still looking shoot me a PM
Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 PM

aluminized exhausts tend to rust in salty climates so its best to go with a stainless setup if they salt the roads or you live in a very wet climate...

409 stainless is the type of metal used, its a lower grade but will hold up better than aluminzed... 304 stainless is a higher grade, more pure metal, and is a lot more shiny so its great on show vehicles and will keep from shoing corrosion a lot longer....

there is no real performance gain from stainless other than it stays around longer than aluminized
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.