nos - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-02-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nos

thinking about putting nos on truck.how much can you run? what dose it do to your egts?

2000 f250 crew cab 4x4 ,forged rods ,dp f5 modified stock 60 tow 80 econo 120 race 120 race with water methanol ,4" turbo back exhaust,jobe air intake,boost fooler,snow performance stage 3,all gauges,shift kit and triple disk billet converter,big oil,stage 2 single shots100% nozzles,h2e turbo , arp head studs,comp 910 springs ,diesel innovations regulated return ,air dog 150 with 1/2"pick up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

it will burn the extra fuel you got. a good 50-100 shot would be awesome with those stageII's. your turbo will not take it for long tho. i dont see an aftermarket one in your sig so im guessing its stock?

TERMIMATED
Early 99 CCLB
Old setup: 38R, Terminator HPOPx2 w/ R-IPR,Crane Push Rods, H-11's, 250cc Hybrids-(Cracked it with StageII's) ITP RR, Built Trans W/billet TC
^^^^ Cracked BLOCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
^^^^

New Setup: B-codes
2008 F250 Reg.Cab 4WD
16.01 @ 84mph
GONNA BE FUN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CSIPD-Trust me, snows sells like banks sells... Big Expensive adds in Diesel Power...
post #3 of 10 Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
You'd be OK with running an NX kit with one of the middle jets in...I'd get the chip re-burned with a custom tune for the spray on your hot tune. You've got the GDS ball-bearing turbo, and enough fuel with those stage 2's that you'd be OK. N2O will help lower your EGT's when your on it hard too.

DITTY

Brisco:-White 2000 F-350 PSD CrewCab/SRW/LongBed/4x4/6spd Manual/HUGE Powerstroke.Org Vinals!

Favorite Mods: Baby-seat mod/Girlfriend delete/6pos on Xtreme!

Repairs since bought: both batteries/alternator/3 transmissions/4 clutches/entire front axle/new steering stabilizer/power steering pump

Still broken: cracked windshield/all glowplugs/glowplug relay/4WD still out/trailer harness no power

Current Best: 16.149@84.13MPH (Est.7800lbs)
post #4 of 10 Old 07-04-2009, 01:33 PM

whos kit are you going to use.

TERMIMATED
Early 99 CCLB
Old setup: 38R, Terminator HPOPx2 w/ R-IPR,Crane Push Rods, H-11's, 250cc Hybrids-(Cracked it with StageII's) ITP RR, Built Trans W/billet TC
^^^^ Cracked BLOCK
^^^^

New Setup: B-codes
2008 F250 Reg.Cab 4WD
16.01 @ 84mph
GONNA BE FUN

CSIPD-Trust me, snows sells like banks sells... Big Expensive adds in Diesel Power...
post #5 of 10 Old 07-04-2009, 02:11 PM

I`m fairly new to the whole diesel performance thing, But I have quite a bit of experience with it on my stangs`. I can tell you if you stay relatively modest with your shot (50-80) you probably shouldn`t encounter any problems. The main thing with No2, like turbocharging, is proper A/F ratio and timing. Getting a timing specific chip or program is for sure in your best interest. Do some research on it before just slapping it on your ride.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Doesn't Even Care

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
with deisels, there is no need to worry about timing or the A/F ratio like gassers.

Look at the smoke trail you leave. you want it to look a light grey, no lighter. If it is lighter, back off the shot size. you actually can go toomuch, but all it will do it kil the engine. not kill it as in split it apart, just kill the engine cause of too much oxygen and not enough fuel. if that happens, just start it back up. no issues like with a gasser their either. a hundred shot should be good. be sure that if you go larger, to make sure you have the fuel in the tuning and you dont drop pressure to the rails.

Also, use a dry shot only, no need for a wet shot.

Nick
E99/CC/Lariat/Factory Wide Body Kit
"The Mistress"
Power Hungry Performance HYDRA Chip
Custom Tuned by Bill@PHP, Tony Wildman@Total Diesel Performance and Lars@Gearhead

D66 w/Dieselsite WW2, Full Force 250/100s, Adrenalin HPOP, Built Trans, Walbro Fuel Pump, S&B Intake, 6" Stacks, Leveling Kit, Eagle Alloy Wheels, 315/75/16 Grabber AT2s & Much More

post #7 of 10 Old 07-05-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

had a tony chip fuel really heavy like too much .so i went with a dp and fuel a little bit less but the truck is still jet black the hole time your in the trottle.at the end of a run with the water meth egts are 1567 . want to lower the egt and use all the extra fuel up.

2000 f250 crew cab 4x4 ,forged rods ,dp f5 modified stock 60 tow 80 econo 120 race 120 race with water methanol ,4" turbo back exhaust,jobe air intake,boost fooler,snow performance stage 3,all gauges,shift kit and triple disk billet converter,big oil,stage 2 single shots100% nozzles,h2e turbo , arp head studs,comp 910 springs ,diesel innovations regulated return ,air dog 150 with 1/2"pick up
post #8 of 10 Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
With what you've got...only thing I would worry about is over spinning the turbo. My modded stock turbo spools effin quick when I spray. And I'm just using a NX Stacker II with one of the middle jets installed. (Can't remember which one it is.) I love how the truck runs on N2O. Now if I was just faster at shifting....lol.

DITTY

Brisco:-White 2000 F-350 PSD CrewCab/SRW/LongBed/4x4/6spd Manual/HUGE Powerstroke.Org Vinals!

Favorite Mods: Baby-seat mod/Girlfriend delete/6pos on Xtreme!

Repairs since bought: both batteries/alternator/3 transmissions/4 clutches/entire front axle/new steering stabilizer/power steering pump

Still broken: cracked windshield/all glowplugs/glowplug relay/4WD still out/trailer harness no power

Current Best: 16.149@84.13MPH (Est.7800lbs)
post #9 of 10 Old 07-07-2009, 05:38 PM

post #10 of 10 Old 07-07-2009, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Why not, I'd do a smaller shot just to test how the truck handles it. Then work up if you feel it can be reliable.

Bob
2001 F250 SRW Reg cab, long bed, 80k miles.
Now with DP tuner, Airaid intake and 4" Magnaflow turbo back exhaust.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode